Skip to content

Discuss This 2011 Yamaha R6 delayed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2011 Yamaha R6 delayed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

2011 Yamaha R6 delayed

Supersport fanatics eagerly awaiting an all-new Yamaha R6 for 2011 are being told they’ll have to wait another year. Yamaha is known to be working on a replacement for the current machine, which has been in production since 2006 with only minor changes since, but buyers asking dealers about a new bike are being told the bike won’t be on sale...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 August 2010 16:18)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

thank goodness it'll look like an M1 rather than an R1 .... so will we have to wait even longer for the next R1 too?

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Sep 07

Rsix says:

New R6

Yep. I was speaking to the MD of Yamaha UK about a month ago at a track day, and he told me the changes they were making to the R6 were such a massive step up, the tooling and endurance testing time needed to develop these bikes into production machines was too long to enable a 2011 launch. However, it sounds like the 2012 R6 will be worth the wait, with the likes of electronic suspension, adjustable maps and traction control on offer, alongside new engine tech and lighter weight frames/swingarms etc.......I've got my order in already. Stuff the R1.

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

dull

a horrid blue with zzzz looks.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The current R6 is still a looker compared to the competition.

Reply to this Topic
rsvforum

Apr 09

rsvforum says:

Link

Bad link. Big size picture?

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Crank

A cross-plane crank won’t feature however

Hmm, that's what many where waiting for, bit more torque at

lower rev's. Guess it's gonna be a Daytona 675 for me.

Reply to this Topic
andymacfear

Aug 10

andymacfear says:

Delay..

Yeah shame the new bike is being delayed because I agree with Rsix, the current bike is great and I really like R6's but its also much in need of an update to bring it inline with things like the CBR600RR...

Reply to this Topic
bmdu

Mar 10

bmdu says:

NEW R6

If the truth is to be known we need to look no further than the gfc to find out why the new r6 is delayed.Yamaha i think you will find is a bit short of dollars at present

Reply to this Topic
fenigstein

Jan 10

fenigstein says:

new styling is a step backwards

If that picture is accurate, the styling of the bike has taken a huge step back. It's become very conservative and much less distinctive than the current angular bodywork. I can see why they claim it takes cues from the GP bike, but the cues are very shallow and it really doesn't have the stance, proportions, or dynamicism of the GP bike or the current model. Shame. The looks are what has been selling the bike for the last 2 years.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices