You are in... Forums > Where to Ride > Track Days > No Budget cup 2011

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

otei85

Aug 10

otei85 says:

No Budget cup 2011

I'm posting this for a mate who is looking to get a couple of likeminded guys together in order to buy a bike and campaign it in the No budget cup in 2011.

If you haven't heard of the no budget cup, it's a cheap endurance race series for people that haven't held a race licence...or haven't held one for at least 10 years or haven't got a national licence..or something..whatever. Full details here:

[url="http://www.nobudgetcup.co.uk/home.aspx"]No Budget cup website[/url]

The bikes have to be built between 1990 and 2000.

Basically, Rob is trying to get 3 guys together (he's based in Lincoln, Lincs) to buy a bike for about £1500 and split the cost equally. Naturally the cost of the races will be split 3 ways also and if all goes to plan (does it ever) then a great time will be had by all, friendships will be formed forever and children will be named after team-mates. In reality, you'll probably all just want to pour the spare fuel on eachother and throw matches around afterwards, but you'll never know unless you give him a call on 07963524468 and discuss the possibilities! :)

Noticed that there was another post on here regarding the same idea..perhaps contact him and work something out?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 August 2010 21:28)

Post a message in Track Days

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jockrider

Aug 08

jockrider says:

hello

yeap the other post was me, sound great ill giv him a bell.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I could well be in on this, as I see this as the only possible way I can afford to go racing..... And I aint getting any younger.

I too am looking for riders to get a team together to do some rounds next year. Although, I was thinking along the lines of the three riders budgeting £2,000, and going from there.  Obviously if things can be done cheaper then great.... But I really dont wana be riding a nail, and would like to get the best bike for a reasonable sum....... I understand that some of that budget should be kept for entrance fees etc etc etc. But I think a good trackbike could be got for the £2,500 mark.

I am deffinately interested in this. I will give rob a ring.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Food for thought...................

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2038346.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2011487.htm

Also, my mate is a mechanic and runs his own bike shop. He prepared a bike and ran it in the 1995 6 hour KRC endurance series, which they won, against far superior competition.  He's also built bikes for the Isle of Man.  I know he has been dropping hints to see if I am going to do it or not. Im sure he would come on board with some help if it was needed.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jockrider

Aug 08

jockrider says:

hey

i still really want to do this n i hav a zx9r too

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

see other