Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Valentino Rossi plays down hat-trick hopes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Valentino Rossi plays down hat-trick hopes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Valentino Rossi plays down hat-trick hopes

Valentino Rossi has played down home crowd expectations that he can win a third successive MotoGP race in Misano this weekend. Misano is Rossi’s true home race with his Tavullia home just a short drive from the track and he’s dominated the race in 2008 and ’09 to the delight of a passionate and partisan crowd. Rossi’s legions of fans will be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (02 September 2010 20:01)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

The fans will still show full support...

I think all the riders at their home event get full fan support. Rossi is really on the back foot (so to speak) at this years Misano round what with the injuries and a 'duff' M1 bike!!! I'm guessing the race will be Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Spies at the sharp end with Stoner running about 4th or 5th until he he crashes out!!! It will be a Spanish 1,2 I'm sure but my support is with Rossi for his home race. Guy deserves a result at home. He hasn't had a special helmet for ages, maybe he'll have the donkey again!!!

Reply to this Topic
marktt04

May 10

marktt04 says:

rossibiker46

Rossibiker46 I agree with your comments on rossi being on the back foot for this race and indeed he has been since his recent return from injury,i fail to understand your comments on rossi having a DUFF M1 motorbike, as in your predictions you put an M1 in the hands of Lorenzo winning and an M1 in third place in the capable hands of Spies.....you mention rossi deserves a home win,yet he has won there the last 2 seasons ! I am a rossi fan and would love to see him win at home but the likelyhood of this is slim,given his recent results,fingers crossed though !

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Don't get me wrong guys...read on...

By 'Duff M1' I am indeed using the conspiracy theory to a degree but facts too. To expand on this I think there are a number of supporting issues:-

1) Burgess and Rossi have, or must have, agreed without extreme risk to his leg and further damage to his shoulder the bike will have to be setup a little 'lazy' to help. Hence being off the pace after initially looking like he was on it when he first came back.

Deux) The 'dynamic duo' of Burgess and Rossi will also have had a whispering to each other along the lines of 'we aint winning this so we migth as well be conservative and we certainly don't want too much good set-up info going back into the opposite sides garage etc, etc.

C) After Yamaha put all their eggs into one basket for Lorenzo on Rossi's abscence and then his Ducati deal and ALSO the Spies thing AND the test I strongly believe both Lorenzo and Spies definitely have the best stuff Yamaha can dish out now.

It might be fractional but with Burgess and Rossi backing it off and Yamaha also being a little 'shady' over the parts they are handing over I'm utterly convinced this isn't a case forthe Winchester brothers but actual, real hapenings in the paddock.

Duff M1 my dear Watson. ;)

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Forgot to add one thing...

The problems may well magically dissappear for this weekend only, like Stoners front end will at Phillip Island. The truth is out there!!!

Reply to this Topic
Z1100R

Feb 09

Z1100R says:

....next year.

...really feel that he should just hold pace and stay safe, his focus will be on the 2011 season. It is a shame for Yamaha to have this situation but we all know that Rossi is his own creation and will has set hiw eyes on history making and little could be achieved by knocking his guts out on these tail end races. Sad but true and think we're in for another dull race.....Lets hope I'm wrong.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices