Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

Shoya Tomizawa, winner of the first ever Moto2 race in Qatar back in April, has died from injuries he suffered in a crash during the Misano Grand Prix today. The Japanese rider was fighting in the lead group when he lost control in fourth place approaching the super-fast back straight section on lap 12. The 19-year-old was struck by Italian rider Alex...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 September 2010 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

RIP

RIP Shoya.

Dorna need to be held to the highest account for this shambles.

Reply to this Topic
cookstown

Mar 09

cookstown says:

R.I.P

very sad to here of the death of shoya tomizawa a very talented and fast rider,my thoughts are with the family at this very sad time.

Reply to this Topic
Eldar

Aug 02

Eldar says:

RIP Shoya

my thoughts are with shoya's family and friends , anytime i've watched him in an interview he always came across as a pleasant and well mannered lad he must have been well liked in the paddock , RIP Shoya god bless you.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachris79

Oct 09

ninjachris79 says:

RIP Shoya

Firstly let me say that my deepest sympathies are with Shoya's Family and Friends and i know that Shoya will be a great loss not only to those closest to him but also all in the MotoGP Paddock.

I agree with the majority on here that the Marshalls were far too quick and haphazard in the way they dealt with Shoya and Scott Redding but idont think the blame should be laid at their door. Dorna should have immediatiely red flagged the race to allow both riders and De Angelis to be thorughly checked before being moved. Inc Air ambulance if required.

Dorna are all about TV timings - GIVE CONTROL TO THE MARSHALLS & race control.

They should be throughly dragged over the coals for what has happened here today it is a disgrace and puts a bad name on the sport we all love.

I also will be writing to Dorna about this as someone else said earlier on this article.

RIP Shoya, You were a Joy to watch and admire.

Reply to this Topic
fatgser

Jun 08

fatgser says:

DISGRACE

Moto gp & missano marshells have taken motor sport  back to the dark days of the 60/70 s 

please mcn  pursue this issue with dorna ,  tragedy has always gone hand in hand with bike racing  but what we witnesed  in the aftermath was UNACCEPTABLE  

Reply to this Topic
ninjachris79

Oct 09

ninjachris79 says:

I agrre with fatgser

MCN i second fatgser plee for you to contact Dorna and put a bit of clout behind the fans dismay at the handling of this tragic event.

Please can we have a statement from the highly paid powers that be at Dorna come out and give a reason as to why this episode was so unacceptably dealt with.

Reply to this Topic
Andy Ha

Jul 07

Andy Ha says:

Unjustifiable

I was at Brands Hatch when Craig Jones had his fatal crash and everything came to a halt and the medical teams did as much as they could before he was even put into an ambulance. I have seen BSB races red flagged for riders crashing and ending up just close to the tarmac. MotoGP races are red flagged for rain, but this one wasnt when 2 riders were still lying unable to move of their own will. Dorna have a lot of questions to answer. this was unjustifiable and a total disgrace.

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

I am disgusted by the marshals who handled this situation.

A bloody disgrace.

I thought Dorna were supposed to be a professional company.

It`s all about TV schedules and money, hang your heads in shame, Dorna

RIP Shoya

Reply to this Topic
phornsey

Nov 09

phornsey says:

any news on scott redding? i really feel for the guy as there waas nothing he could do about it.

he didn't look well imediately afterwards so hope hes not too badly injured

Reply to this Topic
Priddle

Mar 10

Priddle says:

A sad day for moto gp

my thaughts go out for Tomizawa and family, what a cracking racer he was.

however

i wonder if rossi would have been treated the same on track..

the handling of both redding and tomizawa was discusting

get well soon redding!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle