Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

Shoya Tomizawa, winner of the first ever Moto2 race in Qatar back in April, has died from injuries he suffered in a crash during the Misano Grand Prix today. The Japanese rider was fighting in the lead group when he lost control in fourth place approaching the super-fast back straight section on lap 12. The 19-year-old was struck by Italian rider Alex...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 September 2010 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Shoya Tomizawa R.I.P.

So sad to see such a talented rider lose his life so young and tragically. What can you say? When your time is up..............He was doing what he wanted to do and well, as the saying goes "there but for the grace of God go I"...........  Don't know if many or any lessons can learned from this accident but the trackside "care", as has been said earlier, was careless and very unprofessional at the best. I think  also that race control  should have red flagged the race  immediately on seeing what had happened and an ambulance dispatched to provide proper medical care and attention. Since what happened previously to Dajairo Kato one would think that this basic lesson would have been learned, at least.. Who knows what the outcome may have been but a seriously injured rider must receive the correct medical attention right away. Not be thrown onto a stretcher and whisked off and then dropped!!!!!! Some serious questions need to be asked re. this.                                                                                                                                               Sincerest  condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P Shoya   .

Reply to this Topic
motorbike_loving_guy

Jun 03

marshalling investigation? APPAULING!

everything about this accident was absolutely awful, from the crash itself to the unforgiveable marshalling.

ive just sent an email to dornauk@dorna.com    asking if an investigation will be held into the way the situation and riders were handled.

it might just be me but i thought marshalls were there to help riders and not just help the race continue!

he was always a gentlemen on screen and deserved to be tended to soo much better. that sort of marshalling should not happen in todays health and safety standards!! i genuinly feel sick to my stomach about it and something needs to be done................ R.I.P shoya..................

Reply to this Topic
RedBull26

Sep 10

RedBull26 says:

R.I.P Shoya Tomizawa. You will be in our hearts forever.

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

R.I.P. SHOYA

Shoya was a joy to watch and was only going to get better, the racing world has lost a shning young star, my thoughts are with his family and friends.

R.I.P. SHOWA #48

Reply to this Topic
stevyamy

Jul 08

stevyamy says:

I am very sad to hear about Shoya, my thoughts go out to all who knew him. He came across on europsort as a very warm and very likeable individual. The memories of his Qatar win will always stay with me.

Reply to this Topic
dirtyden

Jun 04

dirtyden says:

RIP Tomizawa

My thoughts go out to friends and family of Tomizawa he will be sadly missed, I couldnt agree more with most of the comments above the race should of been stopped. The marshalls should have attended to all the riders with greater care in light of past events like Kato's death in 2003 as a viewer I was left furious and disgusted as the events unfolded. Questions too Dorna need to be answered as event organizers and race control, would hate to think my son was dragged about to allow a race to go on. What's the point of stretcher boards and neck braces and of course red flags when you dont use them. 

Thoughts go out to Scott Redding and De Angelis who had chance of avoiding Tomi.

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

A very nice guy and a talent.

Reply to this Topic
Bonly1

Aug 02

Bonly1 says:

I too was stunned by the tragic loss of Tomizawa in the moto2 event, but in modern racing, I did not expect to see Scott Redding 'bundled' onto a stretcher in the way he was, without receiving any immediate attention or investigation as to the extent of his possible severe injuries. The 'dropping' of Tomizawa on his stretcher was just outrageous and uneccessary. The race should have been immediately red flagged to attend to him at scene - an action which was expected and anticipated, yet failed to happen.
Later still in the same race, Gedea fell uninured, but a marshall was clearly seen with a cigarette in his mouth returning from the crash scene toward trackside!  Unbelievable poor marshalling and must never, ever be allowed to happen again.  Get better soon Scott and RIP Shoya, you will be sadly missed by all.

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Contacted Dorna

It might well fall on deaf ears, but after a lot of consideration I have decided to write to Dorna asking about an investigation to the awful marshalling.  It could well get lost in the interweb ether but I thought it only write to try.  Perhaps others might feel the right to do the same.

I can't add too much more about the marshalling aspect of it, but to think of a crew of marshalls treating me like that or a friend I would be going loopy!

Reply to this Topic
dale b

Jan 08

dale b says:

A Sad day.

I Agree with you Bonly1/Dirtyden. As a marshal myself, i was amazed the medic just pushed him on the scoop with out even appearing to take any time to assess Scotts injuries, and then to drop Shoya was the ultimate indignity a young man who sadly passed away doing the sport we all love so much. The race should have been stopped (at the same time the wsbk was red flagged for a much more minor incident) so all the riders could have been assesed correctly and appropriate treatment given. Even at club level this most basic of standards is strictly adheared to. I feel sick just thinking about this incident, as it reminds me of an incident i had to deal with at paddock hill a few years ago,sadly  with similar consequences. Shoya, you brightened the lives of so many, and your piece in history is assured as the first ever moto 2 winner, You, Kato, Abe and Nagai can race together now. R.I.P

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices