Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

Shoya Tomizawa, winner of the first ever Moto2 race in Qatar back in April, has died from injuries he suffered in a crash during the Misano Grand Prix today. The Japanese rider was fighting in the lead group when he lost control in fourth place approaching the super-fast back straight section on lap 12. The 19-year-old was struck by Italian rider Alex...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 September 2010 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gecko1001

Aug 02

gecko1001 says:

Email from dorna

I have just got an email from Dorna regarding my complaint about the standard of marshalling, suffice to say I am still not impressed with even more excuses from dorna.

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Remembering Shoya!

I wrote to both Dorna and MotoGp of which only MotoGp have replied.  It just reads as more ass covering excuses but not being medically minded enough I am not going to say it is utter bullsh*t in case I am wrong.  Up shot is, they were concerned that Shoya was not breathing and needed to be in the back of an ambulance immediately, therefore it was rushed.

Onto more brighter things, along with a very moving column from Matt Roberts the After the Flag podcast from MotoGp has been specially dedicated (and rightly so) to Shoya.  I am not aware of this podcast costing anything on a 'normal' race weekend but this one certainly didn't.

I have felt very down this past week as I simply can not get that sickening crash out of my head nor stop feeling sad that Shoya succumbed to his injuries.  However, the podcast portrays Shoya in the brightest of lights which he fully deserves.  Incredible to think that he was more or less unknown last season, but will leave a lasting impression on us all.  I just hope that the lasting impression will be as positive as possible.

Matt Roberts column: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/8985757.stm

Link to the After the Flag podcast (video) from MotoGp: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/After+the+Flag+Misano

I'll pop this message in one or two more of Shoya's new articles from this week and I make no apologies for doing so!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices