Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

Shoya Tomizawa, winner of the first ever Moto2 race in Qatar back in April, has died from injuries he suffered in a crash during the Misano Grand Prix today. The Japanese rider was fighting in the lead group when he lost control in fourth place approaching the super-fast back straight section on lap 12. The 19-year-old was struck by Italian rider Alex...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 September 2010 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
paulrichbell

Sep 10

paulrichbell says:

A sad loss to all fans but more so to his family my sincere condolences go to them.

Reply to this Topic
jono916

Apr 10

jono916 says:

R.I.P

This was a deeply affecting crash, i feel sick from seeing it. I can only hope any videos of this crash will be removed out of respect for this man, just like they did for Kato. This is the side of racing i hate or just motorcycles in general. If you haven't seen it, please don't watch because i wish i hadn't seen it. R.I.P Shoya Tomizawa

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

I don't suppose I would have done any better than those poor marshals did given the dangerous circumstances in which they were trying to operate. Had someone (Dorna) hit the red flag button, I am sure the marshals would have reacted more cautiously, stabilised the poor bugger as best they could until he could be airlifted to the nearest hospital. Who knows what extra damage they did by man-handling his rag doll body onto that stretcher and then dropping him on his head! I was already seriously considering giving up on MotoGP as it has become so ridiculously boring this season. This incident just drives home that Dorna are incompetent on many levels. WSB, here I come........

Reply to this Topic
Doug66

Feb 06

Doug66 says:

Where's the red flag!!!!!!

Not happy with marshalls, circuit directors,etc.Should have been red flagged. Dragging riders onto stretchers what a disgrace. You could see the poor guys leathers ripped to shreds. RIP.

Reply to this Topic
Doug66

Feb 06

Doug66 says:

Where's the red flag!!!!!!

Not happy with marshalls, circuit directors,etc.Should have been red flagged. Dragging riders onto stretchers what a disgrace. You could see the poor guys leathers ripped to shreds. RIP.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrils

May 06

Nostrils says:

RIP Shoya

I think everyone would agree that Marshalls do a fantastic job at circuits around the world and especially in the event of an accident.  However, like many have said here today, the marshalls at San Marino could have been more professional - Why the hell was the race not red flagged.  If Dorna are in control of the race because of money and TV time, then this has to stop NOW.  The race should be run by the officials and not the TV companies, if viewers miss some of the race because of an incident, then so be it.

Reply to this Topic
LilMoney

Aug 04

LilMoney says:

I was horrified when I saw the marshals manhandling  Tomizawa. Rest in peace Shoya.

Reply to this Topic
LilMoney

Aug 04

LilMoney says:

Replay

I just watched the replay of the race here in the US. they even showed it in slow motion. SAD!

Reply to this Topic
Doug66

Feb 06

Doug66 says:

BLOODY DISGRACE

If this fast clear up was to keep the TV schedule on time. MOTOGP hold your head in shame. BSB or WSB would have red flagged, or at least the safety car. Redding and DeAngelis i hope were not futher injured by the marshalls.

Reply to this Topic
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

RIP Shoya.

Dorna need to be held to the highest account for this shambles.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices