Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

Shoya Tomizawa, winner of the first ever Moto2 race in Qatar back in April, has died from injuries he suffered in a crash during the Misano Grand Prix today. The Japanese rider was fighting in the lead group when he lost control in fourth place approaching the super-fast back straight section on lap 12. The 19-year-old was struck by Italian rider Alex...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 September 2010 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carl66

May 09

carl66 says:

Rip shoya you will be sadly missed by all. The way scott and shoya were heaped onto the stretchers were terrible. How ever had the marshals be given the red flag they could and would have been more carefull. Hang your heads in shame dorna.

Reply to this Topic
jamesg75

Dec 05

jamesg75 says:

Dark ages

The death of Shoya was heart breaking. What was equally heart breaking was the complete bunch of morons track side who not only did not red flag the race when even a trained chimp could see that the life threatening crash would need time to sort out. Then the pure lack of concern with the way they put sorry dashed Shoya and Scott on the stretchers then they dropped Shoya on the stretcher. I was disgusted with the behaviour of the Italian fans and the rather Shady way they happened to announce the death right after the MotoGP race. There should be a full investigation by an independent body to see if the marshals actions added to Shoyas death. Motorcycle racing is a love of mine but when a rider gets badly wounded it would not matter if they have to abandon the rest of the days racing if it could make a difference to the riders health. Rip Shoya. 

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Shoya

A fine rider and a great loss to racing

Reply to this Topic
skippytoo

May 08

skippytoo says:

Sad day for moto GP

A very sad day today not only for the death of a talented rider but also for the shocking way the accident was dealt with. It was clear that it was a massive accident. The red flag should have been shown at once. Instead we first saw Scott Redding being bundled onto to a strecher, then seeing Shoya being dropped, having no doubt being bundled onto to the strecher in the same fashion as S.R. Dorna and the Marshalls should be facing prosecution for such shameful acts.All for TV scedules. My condonlences to the family of Shoya Tomizawa.                                                                

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

i watched in horror as tomizawa lost control and was hit by de angelis and scott redding and the race should have been stopped because he never moved after being hit and the way that he was scooped up by the marshals was shocking to watch, race should have been stopped and the medics should have been on the scene to attend to him.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Absolute Tragedy

I almost cant beleive it has happened,when the news brock at the end of the race I was in shock.Iam tottaly gutted that such a tallented young rider & a great guy should lose his life so tragicly.Iam truelly saddened by his lose & my thoughs are with his family,freinds & the members of his team.

I truelly hope I never see anouther incident like this ever again in a motorcyle race or any other race or sport for that matter.To day all true motorcyle fans greive for the lose of a fine young rider.

Reply to this Topic
leeroy0775

Sep 10

leeroy0775 says:

shoya

R.I.P SHOYA .We have to to remember motorcycle racing is dangerous . There is nothing scott could have done to avoid shoya at 140mph . condolances go to shoyas family .

Reply to this Topic
curlyfisher

Oct 05

curlyfisher says:

total disgrace

Just watched the moto 2 race upto tragic accident in which Tomizawa was fatally injured. the way the incident was dealt with was disgracefull, a definate red flag. 1st rule of first aid assess before any movement, to see the marshall sling people onto stretchers and run off track dropping stretchers etc. and possibly leading to even more pain and suffering for riders.  I remember the way they moved Rainey after his accident and we know how he now is. Come on dorna this should never happen in this day and age, its sickening to see it still going on in some countries.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

RIP

A very very sad day. RIP Shoya

Reply to this Topic
tourx4

Mar 10

tourx4 says:

I agree with all your comments, i think the track staff should receive proper medical training like the tt, I also feel this terrible tragedy has got all the other riders thinking how lucky they've been especially rossi, padrosa . I just feel so sorry for the rider's family and friends.  As for the race it should of been stopped!!!, someone should get their arses kicked for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. RIP Shoya Tomizawa you passed over much too young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices