Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

Shoya Tomizawa, winner of the first ever Moto2 race in Qatar back in April, has died from injuries he suffered in a crash during the Misano Grand Prix today. The Japanese rider was fighting in the lead group when he lost control in fourth place approaching the super-fast back straight section on lap 12. The 19-year-old was struck by Italian rider Alex...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (05 September 2010 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jun 06

alter says:

RIP SHOYA

a terrible day for racing.i couldnt belive my eyes when i saw the marshalls conduct.my heart goes out to family and friends.it was a red flag incident,no doubt.rip

Reply to this Topic
Crasher_666

Jul 08

Crasher_666 says:

Wrong

I still feel physically sick at the manner of how this unfolded. Shocking scene management, the way he slid down the track you knew something was very badly wrong, how they didn't red flag that race beggars belief.

RIP Tomi-san

Reply to this Topic
RaceVR

Sep 10

RaceVR says:

Shoya Tomizawa

R.I.P Shoya Tomizawa

This should be Front Page News, such a sad loss.

MCN, listen to the fans.

Reply to this Topic
snjphotographer

Feb 09

Motogp.com Statement

read it here

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/Press+Conference+Race+Direction+Shoya+Tomizawa

i was disgusted after reading it that i sent a long e-mail to motogp.com. not that it will be any good now that we have sadly lost a true talented young sportsman.

the reason for not red flagging - because this does not help my job, because we delay the intervention for the ambulance -

how can stopping the race delay the ambulance.at least they could of treated shoya trackside rather than throwing him on a stretcher and dropping him.

i feel for the family and i really hope they didnt see the crash and what the marshals did.why is it that if that was on a road, the rider would have a neck colar put on,carfully put on a spinal board and then onto a stretcher and carefully wheeled into an ambulance.  had that been an ambulance crew attending a road accident, they'd be in the boss's office now being sacked.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

very very sad !

I can only add my condolences,A tragic accident,and lets not also forget that poor young lad ,Peter Lenz who suffered the same fate only a week ago at only 13 years old ,We forget sometimes how brave these riders are and yet how easily a life can be lost,my thoughts and best wishes to all concerned

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

I feared the worst when

I saw the accident.

To survive that hit would have needed a miracle. The race should have been red flagged for sure.

God bless and R.I.P

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

a very sad week

As Lorenzo said on the BBC after the race, we should not talk about the race.

Most importantly, the incident did not result in a red flag - why was this?  Why is the safety of the riders not paramount?  It is such a shame that a rider has to suffer to emphasise this level of disregard from the organisers.  Was Dajiro Kato picked up and plonked on a stretcher after his fatal crash? 

As fans, I am sure we all send our best wishes to the family and friends of Shoya Tomizawa.

Reply to this Topic
mcbainuk

Sep 09

mcbainuk says:

RE: LadiesLove

Yes it was shocking the way they handled that lad after he crashed on the start finish straight. You'd have thought MotoGP would have learnt their lesson after the outcry over that.

They managed to red flag the Superbikes yesterday and treat Haslam at track side.....they should have without question done the same here.

This statement by Claudio Macchiagodena:is rediculous “One of the riders, Alex de Angelis, got up. The second rider (Scott Redding) had no problem. One was very serious, and as you know this was Shoya Tomizawa".

Are you telling me they knew Scotty had no problem! The way he went over head first he was lucky no to have broken his neck.. I was sure he'd smashed his collar bones though. He was hardly moving on the floor, he could have been in a terrible condition for all they knew. They just rammed him on the stretcher, atleast they didn't drop him like poor Tomizawa (which I'm sure didn't help his condition).

Sad sad day for Motorbike racing. We've lost a great rider. Thought go out to his family and friends, and I seriously hope that Scott and Alex aren't too traumatised as there was nothing they could do.

Reply to this Topic
snjphotographer

Feb 09

Thanks Phil West

i would like to thank mcn's phil west for responding to my e-mail and changing the top story as it should be.

mcbainuk - i think you said what we all think but some don't want to say. i'm sure like you hey didnt help shoya's injuries. also scott redding had no problem? sorry but it that happened to me and i had to have 10 stitched in my back, i'd call that a problem.

Reply to this Topic
iank954

Jan 04

iank954 says:

TRAGIC

What a tragic talent to lose at such a young age. I cant believe the reace wasnt red flagged. It was clear from the few seconds we saw on tv that the accident was very serious. I just dont understand the thinking of the marshalls. 2 riders in the middle of the track and 1 clearly not moving. They just threw the riders on to stretchers without knowing the extent of the injuries.Then to top it off they dropped tomizawa. i hope his family werent watching.Dorna and the marshalls have a lot of questions to answer and they didnt even cancel the podium for the moto gp race even though it was clear the riders didnt want to be there. But i suppose in dornas eyes tv for the sponsors is more important.  r.i.p.

ian

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices