Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Shoya Tomizawa dies after Moto2 accident

Shoya Tomizawa, winner of the first ever Moto2 race in Qatar back in April, has died from injuries he suffered in a crash during the Misano Grand Prix today. The Japanese rider was fighting in the lead group when he lost control in fourth place approaching the super-fast back straight section on lap 12. The 19-year-old was struck by Italian rider Alex...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (05 September 2010 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
billysollocks

Feb 09

Shoya

Having not seen the incident itself, I can't comment on it. However, it is clear from the comments on here that mistakes were made. Racing IS inherently dangerous, as is road riding. Let's hope that DORNA and those who look after the interests of racers take full advantage to learn from any mistakes so that they are not repeated. To the family of Shoya, please take some comfort from the comments made and know that your son and brother was loved and respected by many.

Sleep well Shoya

Reply to this Topic
eorbmd

Aug 10

eorbmd says:

:(

There is nothing to say regarding this that will ease the grief for Shoya's family and friends.  I didn't see the accident, but from the doctors report, being one myself, he was really dead before he was got to by the team. You HAVE to try everything, re ventilation etc, but you cannot always win. I would say we should be thankful that Scott and Alex didn't  get as severely injured. My thooughts go to them, as it's not gonna be easy for them, having been involved in a crash that was fatal for Shoya.

Reply to this Topic
rumifumi

Mar 10

rumifumi says:

RIP TOMIZAWA

My deepest sympathys and condolences to the family of SHOYA TOMIZAWA.

A tragic end to a life so full of energy and spirit.  A hero of motorcycle racing and no doubt a rider of immense talent. This guy was right up there with anyone on ability, even though he only had a short time to show us all.  Anyone who disagrees take a look at the 1st EVER Moto2 race, which I appeal to Eurosport to show again as a deserved tribute.  Please join me in this request to remember the guy in his prime and and not let the devastating incident be the last images we see of the charasmatic young hero.

My thoughts also go out to Scott Redding and Alex di Angelis, who i hope are being looked after by the sport aswell as those close to them.  They need you now more than ever.

An inquiry is essential as to the treatment all concerned received immediately after this dreadful incident.  Dorna management, you must remember that without these heroic people putting it on the line for the sport every weekend you would not have a programme, therefore the RIDERS COME FIRST....AT ALL COSTS!!!!

The treatment of the riders was disgraceful and you should do everything in your power, and a lot more to ensure all track personel have a protocol for such incidents to ensure the incompetence shown yesterday is never ever repeated.

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Tomi

Such a shame , great talent , and held in very high regards by all in the Motogp pit lane . Every time you saw him on the TV he always had a smile and semed to love what he did . I know this for a fact as was lucky enough to meet him at Silverstone GP , he stopped exchanged a few word and signed an autograph , no probs. RIP Shoya you filled our TV screens with pleasure with that wonderfull sideways style.

Reply to this Topic
trumpetriderman

Sep 10

RIP Tomizawa

Another master of our sport has passed, condolencies to his Family and Friends.

A great rider who will be missed, always a front runner and attacker who bought excitment to each race.

Spare a thought for Scott and Alex they will proberly feel it most even though they had no chance of avoiding the accident.

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

For Shoya

Simple little video retweeted by JennieGow and a few others on Twitter (apologies to those who have already viwed it):

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2010/Shoya+on+the+track+and+beyond+we+will+always+follow+your+line

A way to hopefully ensure Shoya is remembered as a great up and coming racer, and above all, from how he acted around the paddock to all those he met, a true gentleman. While it is very sad Shoya didn't make it to the chequed flag yesterday, I can not help but smile a little when you see the genuine delight in his eyes when he won that race in Qatar in fine fine style while he was living his dream and I am sure, cherished every bloody second of it.

Reply to this Topic
STITCHRITCHIE

Aug 07

The smile now gone

What a damn shame this kid has died - he had such an infectuous smile and personality that will be sorely missed in the paddock and was one of the future stars of the sport.

I'm sure he will have an awesome time racing the likes of Joey, DJ, Hissie and Craig Jones. RIP Shoya.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

disgusted

Saw it happen on live tv, obvious it was a bad one. The marshalls just dragged Scott and Shoya onto the stretchers just to get them out of the way like they were just part of the debris. Terrible way to treat badly injured human beings. Sod the tv schedules and the bloody sponsors precious fucking airtime, the race should have been red flagged and both riders should not have been moved until attended by medical professionals. Should be an inquiry into this and the said marshalls and their superiors should be dragged through the courts.

Reply to this Topic
maggielegg

Aug 10

maggielegg says:

shoya tomizawa

i am so sorry for his family he was so young with a great talent,R I P SHOYA,you will be with all the great races off our times

Reply to this Topic
Parto

Mar 03

Parto says:

Something needs to be done about the way injured riders are treated by marshalls. All to often we see foreign marshalls just dumping riders onto stretchers  and moving them out of the way. No seriously injured rider should be moved until they have been checked by the medical team. The way Scott and Shoya were bundled onto stretchers was disgusting and could have complicated their injuries especially Shoya as the marshalls dropped him.Is it possible that Shoya could still be alive today if he had recieved treatment before he was moved?? Heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of a very talented young man who will be missed.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices