Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa devastated by Shoya Tomizawa’s death MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa devastated by Shoya Tomizawa’s death

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa devastated by Shoya Tomizawa’s death

Misano MotoGP winner Dani Pedrosa said his fourth success of 2010 meant nothing following the tragic death of Shoya Tomizawa in the earlier Moto2 race. Pedrosa has cruised to a dominant victory in the 28-lap MotoGP clash when his Repsol Honda crew informed of Tomizawa’s passing in Parc Ferme The 24-year-old, who closed Jorge Lorenzo’s world title lead to 63-points, said:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (06 September 2010 09:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nickyb65

Jan 10

nickyb65 says:

Shoya's death in MOTO2

I watched live the MotoGP race yesterday, I did not watch MOTO2. When I heard the news from the paddock team on the TV I was very sad that this had happened to Shoya, and  my thoughts are to his family, friends and of course the rest of the team.

Pedrosa, VR and Lorenzo seemed (as you would of course expect) seemed totally shocked by this accident - it was genuine grief for a fellow Motorcyclist, forget about wining the MotoGP race, this brought it all home to the other riders and teams.

All of us, from the bottom of riding talent like me, to the top like Shoya, VR, Pedrosa, Lorenzo etc..share one in thing common, the love of Motorcycling, and this unites us together.

RIP Shoya

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Shoya Tomizawa.

Here's the BBC clip of the three podium winners. I found their dignified sadness very touching. RIP Shoya Tomizawa.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/8970512.stm

Reply to this Topic
flowersofmanc

Dec 08

nickyb65

I fully endorse the eloquent way the above contributer made his comment. Nice one mate, I cannot believe how hearing of this tragedy made me feel. You would not have seen the respect from the winner of this main event in any other sport. Absolute credit to the 3 podium lads - and genuine thoughts to Showa's family and crew X

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Shoya

Im often quite critical and flippant when it comes to people in the public eye , and maybe i have a right to be? I don't know , but yesterdays horrific accident in the Moto2 race brought home to me the danger , the fragility , and the vulnerability of all those involved . The conduct of the trackside marshals was terrible and shocking to see , I hope they were confused and excited and not just incompetent , can Motogp and Motorsport as a whole afford professional marshalling?

Reply to this Topic
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

2 riders ?

dani said 2 riders in a week, whos the other one, did i miss something ??  his words were very touching, nice to see a guy at the top acknowledging the guys lower down the pecking order, well done dani..

Reply to this Topic
rsvrlee

Sep 10

rsvrlee says:

2 riders

Unfortunately there have been 2 riders, the other one being a young american kid called peter lenz, i was at  the indy GP the week before, the kid raced in the support race's over the weekend in the USGPRU250 class, he raced on saturday and came 4th and was due to race on sunday  when tradgically  he fell off on the warm up lap and was struck by another bike and later died of his injurys, apparently colin edwards was close to him and he had spent a lot of the weekend with colin.  Before the races in misano colin and ben spies led a minutes silence for him. My heart felt condolences to both shoya and peters family and friends.

Reply to this Topic
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

rsvelee

thanks for the update, i didnt realise that happened !! between the deaths on the roads here in ireland and the deaths os these 2 young gp guys its been a bad few weeks for racing, but thankfully we can take solace in the fact that these deaths are few and far between especially in track enviroments... rip to all who have passed away this year !!

Reply to this Topic
bobthedray

May 08

bobthedray says:

Sad loss

I've never been a Padrosa fan, but when he's fast he's fast. He had put two rides back to back together with good wins, His response to the b.b.c. camera under his nose I think was admirable. This a dangerous sport and sadly we have lose's. I hope for the sake of the sport luck improves. God bless Tomizawa his family and his friends, and those involved in the accident

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

A very sad loss

I watched the race the following day knowing of Tomi's death.  I found the response by the riders when they found out in parc ferma very moving.  Dani was visibly affected and upset, fighting to keep his composure and his reply came straight from his heart when asked by the BBC.  He even kept his sunglasses on when going to the podium to cover the tears in his eyes.  For a guy who gets a lot of flack for appearing stoical and humourless, he certainly showed what a sensitive young man he is and how connected he is to the sport.  His conduct there as well as his talent deserve respect.

RIP Tomizawa

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

DANI TOP DUDE

Winning his first ever back to back Motogp races you would have expected him to be cock a hoop with joy but on being told of the loss of Shoya he was devasted. His immediate comments speaks volumes of him as a human being and while not one of my favourite Motogp characters I have the utmost respect for him and the way he conducted himself indeed as were all the Aliens in this tragic incident. Ciao

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices