Skip to content

Discuss This Shoya Tomizawa death stuns Alex de Angelis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Shoya Tomizawa death stuns Alex de Angelis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Shoya Tomizawa death stuns Alex de Angelis

Alex de Angelis has spoken of his shock and sadness after he was involved in a sickening Moto2 crash at Misano yesterday that killed Shoya Tomizawa. The Italian hit Tomizawa after the Japanese rider lost control while holding fourth place in the 26-lap Moto2 race. Tomizawa was also struck by British rider Scott Redding at high-speed with the 17-year-old having no chance...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 September 2010 10:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Eurosport JULIAN RYDER

How tragic this is a young chap who had a future in his beloved sport.

Why was it that Eurosport Julian Ryder showed very little interest in this sad accident and carried on talking about the tech world of race bikes.  Julian you are a prat a very big one at that, and the rest of Eurosport GP team should have showed a lot more respect  which the beep did show.  Andy

Reply to this Topic
whiskymac

Sep 06

whiskymac says:

Eurosport

I think Julian Ryder was probably fully aware of the serious nature of the crash and did not won't to dwell on the incident. More to the point was the actions of race control and the marshals, who literally scooped up Scot Redding on to a stretcher, and even dropped him at one point. No medic had arrived to check it was safe to move him. It was very obvious it was serious crash and the race should have been stopped.

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

jools

i have total respect for julian ryder, he has in depth knowledge of his sport and cares deeply for those heroes that try week in- week out to entertain us.  to label him as a prat who lacks empathy is completely ridiculous.

Reply to this Topic
Inoall

Sep 10

Inoall says:

Everybody that watched Eurosport new Julian was very upset when the news was confermed that Tomizawa had died.

Big respect for Tomizawa, a Real brave Man. RIP. 

Reply to this Topic
juan el sombrero

Nov 07

You clearly do not know the commentators if you think they did not show emotion. It was clear to every one that Ryder had a HUGE lump in his throat as he read out the news. Have you ever been in a situation whereby you are in "shock"-in my line of work i see it everyday and its a condition where your body cannot calculate just what is going on. If you have listened to the eurosport guys in the past (certainly Qatar this year) you will know how fond they are of Tomi-just as any other fan/rider/team. Tomi was a rider with great ambition,time for everyone and anyone,he had no ego what so ever,he would stop and chat to anyone. Do not cast opinion on the Eurosport guys at this time,they are closer to all the riders than any of us here and will feel the pain a lot worse than us. The sport has lost a rider where we will never see his true courage and ability for the future years-RIP Tomi.

Reply to this Topic
hardrock

Dec 04

hardrock says:

Misano

It was quite clear that Misano cared more about the racing than the riders. Two riders had clearly been seriously injured and should not have been moved under any circumstances.

But hey this is Italy so nothing will happen, no investigation will take place and nobody will be blamed. Personally, I think Misano should be investigated and potentially made to lose 3 future GPs. That might focus the mind a bit. Rider safety is paramount not the race. Who knows whether more focussed attention could have saved Shoyas life (having seen the severity of the crash, maybe not), but bundiing him onto a stretcher and running him off the track certainly made the situation more serious.

Hey there was one shot of a marshall during one of the races walking back with a fallen rider and he had a cigarette dangling from his mouth. How safe was that if he ran up to a crashed machine (or if the rider was doused in fuel from his spill).

Misano marshalling is a shower and needs to be sorted before the innevitable racing there next year.

Reply to this Topic
styler4077

Aug 06

styler4077 says:

1100970 You are wrong

Both commentators verbally said they were shocked.

Your view of Julian Ryder is totally wrong, as proved by the people commenting on your ouburst shows.

Hardrock is correct in saying the Misano marshalling is a shower and the press release by Dorna was one big coverup of the mishandling of Shoya Tomizawa and Scot Redding. I'm 100% sure that this would not have happened in the UK.

Sorry but the more I see your comments 1100970 the more I think your a D...

Reply to this Topic
velopete

Apr 05

velopete says:

misano

Totally agree with styler4077 regarding both Julian Ryder and the marshalling, I was spectating at Clearways the day Jonesy went down under very similar circumstances, although the outcome sadly was the same, the standard of marshalling and trackside care was worlds apart from Sundays disgusting debacle, Italy should be ashamed of itself and just down the road from Rossi's home as well, the eyes of the world were upon them at a major sporting occasion. I am damn sure that my local grass track has better marshalling.

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

I know opinions are like backsides, we've all got one and they usually stink but 1100970 comes across as a little harsh with the criticism of Julian Ryder. With the very limited information he had at the time he had to think 'On the Hoof' and it's his job to commentate on what he sees whilst (probably) biting his tongue with what he really would like to say whereas we in our chairs are free to rant and accuse as we wish. As his words are broadcast throughout the UK and quite possibly much further afield he has to be circumspect in any personal comments. It's fair to say that everyone that saw that tragic incident was as appalled as he was and he came across then as being very subdued but nevertheless he carried on as the professional that he is. I must add that I'm no great fan of his, a lot of his inane wittering and non-stop blather I could do without but I do acknowledge both his and Toby Moody's in depth information put the Beebs Ozzy twerp well to shame.

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

I agree with these comments.  Julian's announcement of Tomi's death was leaking with thinly disguised emotion.  I thought he was going to cry.  Whether one likes him or not, no one can fail to hear in his voice how much he respects and loves every rider in this sport by the way he speaks of them in every race he commentates.  As moving as I found the MotoGp podium finishers, all the commentators, BBC and Eurosport, were clearly choking back their grief - you could see it in their eyes.  It's unfair to critize them: we don't know them and they are professionals who have their job to do.  A job that they are passionate about.

This kind of incident where a fellow racer dies must really shake up the whole of the paddock up, just as if a work colleage were to die.

RIP Tomizawa

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices