Skip to content

Discuss This AA warning over speed cameras General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > AA warning over speed cameras

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

AA warning over speed cameras

Scrapping speed cameras will risk lives, according to the AA. Cameras have already been switched off in Oxfordshire and Wiltshire and more areas are likely to follow due to government funding cuts. AA president Edmund King said: "The views of motorists are not being reflected and lives are at risk. People are more concerned about the battle to save lives...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (06 September 2010 17:12)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yellowninja599

Jun 10

Two things...

1. Sack this idiot!

2. NEVER use the AA. Use the RAC or another breakdown company that doesn't suck up the governments mis-guided backside.

LACK OF GOVERNMENT FUNDING??? My ass, they just weren't making money in such quantities any longer and people were starting to challenge them left right and centre as they know that speed cameras are for one thing and one thing only, MAKING MONEY.

I will happily pay anyone £1000 (tax free) if they can bring before me ONE PERSON who has had their life saved by a speed camera. Just ONE PERSON directly saved by a speed camera!

Now if the sheep want to come forward and start talking about 'road transport strategies' and how cameras were 'part' of the effort and not 'the' effort then PLEASE let me and the other millions of drivers know what the rest of the strategy was as all I have seen is dramatic underfunding, MASSIVE potholes, crazy lights/roundabouts and bloody speed bumps not to mention a plethora of stupid bloody signs everywhere....

Reply to this Topic
guyincognito

Oct 08

guyincognito says:

CH987

Since when did you tell me what to do you cocksucker!!!  A classic example eh? I'll give you a classic example of a good kicking mr police man road saftey do gooder! Bet you ride a cb 125 and just hate been made to look a complete tit!

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Nice tool cabinet !

As these speed cameras will become collectors pieces, I`ll pay £25 just for the casing ?

It will make a classic lockable tool cabinet on the garage wall ! :)

Petrol Sthil saw and a pick-up anyone ??

Reply to this Topic
flyingpanintothefire

Aug 02

yellownija challenge

I was out  pushing my 2 year old  son in the pram next to a busy road. when suddenly a car lost control and was hurtling towards us both. I stood glued to the spot with shock  when the car came to rest against a speed camera 6 feet in front  where   I was standing. I reckoned this speed camera not only saved my life but that of my sons also.. do you want my address to send the money or will my pay pal account suffice :-)

Reply to this Topic
sar02

Aug 10

sar02 says:

speed limiters

many years ago,early 70,s,on the A46 between Newark and Lincoln a new type of road surface was tried out,i was riding my BSA A10 650 at 60mph when i ran on to it,it caused horrible vibration and only when the bike dropped below 50 did it go away,i never travelled on it again as i was posted to Muharraq for 13 months and when i returned the surface was normal,i would love to know what it was all about.

Reply to this Topic
Gixxer1000L0

Apr 10

Gixxer1000L0 says:

who cares

we'll all be wanting them and the coppers back after the government privatises traffic law enforcement!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices