Skip to content

Ask an Expert Time to trade in the 'Busa... Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Time to trade in the 'Busa...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

clfno1

May 06

clfno1 says:

Time to trade in the 'Busa...

Need another opinion or option guys...

I'm currently riding a 99 Hayabusa and love the speed and the general comfort of the riding position as I'm quite tall.
The only problem is with the missus getting into the whole riding thing, she's wanting to come out on the back more and more often, so I'm looking for something a little bigger and more comfortable, and also that may slow me down a little.
I've been looking at the Triumph Tiger 1050 and I've also heard some good reports about the KTM Supermoto Touring.
Has anyone any experience riding these two and which is best? Also is there anything else out there which would fit the bill, maybe something a little more in the vein of the Hayabusa, but a little slower, more usable and comfortable.
Cheers guys 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (07 September 2010 16:20)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

Kwak

GTR-1400?

I sometimes wonder why Suzuki haven't brought out something like that with the 'busa engine in it.

Reply to this Topic
clfno1

May 06

clfno1 says:

Mixed reviews

I thought about that but it seems to be getting mixed reviews, and of the other two the KTM SMT seems to be getting some rave reviews... may have to book some test rides....

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

SMT

Yea I did a lot of reading about the SMT when it first came out, seems to be a cracking bike.

Think MCN put it round a track 1 second slower than a gsx-r750 didn't they?  So it's a comfy rocket :D

Reply to this Topic
clfno1

May 06

clfno1 says:

SMT

Think I saw that one, 51.9s for the gixxer, and 54.3s for the SMT, not enough difference for me if its comfier adn more adept at touring!
All I see is cracking reviews for it, I'm almost sold...

Reply to this Topic
clfno1

May 06

clfno1 says:

B-King...

I love the power of the Busa and, more importantly, the low down torque which makes town riding easy and top gear cruising a doddle. The fact that I can leave it in top gear and get some serious pull is what I'm looking for, but could do with a more comfy riding position, which is why I'm also looking at the B-King.
Love it or loathe it (I personally love it), the styling does leave and impression and turn heads, but just need to know if it can cope with touring?

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

B-King

I have ridden one, and it was sublime - I couldn't fault it.  Easy to ride, epic power and very comfortable... it was just a half-hour test ride though, so I can't comment on it's touring ability :/

I will repeat though, that it was very comfortable and the wind blast was a lot less than my GSR ... stick a screen on it and it should get even better!

Reply to this Topic
clfno1

May 06

clfno1 says:

Luggage options

The only thing that puts me off is a lack of luggage options two-up.
I don't think a magnetic tank bag will fit as standard, or a tail pack.

Reply to this Topic
currypasty

Aug 02

currypasty says:

BMW 1200GS

nuff said.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN