Skip to content

Discuss This Toni Elias to get LCR Honda chance? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Toni Elias to get LCR Honda chance?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Toni Elias to get LCR Honda chance?

Toni Elias and Alex de Angelis could be thrown a MotoGP lifeline if Randy de Puniet joins Suzuki’s factory squad in 2011. LCR Honda boss Lucio Cecchinello is waiting to find out if de Puniet will quit to join Suzuki, with the Japanese factory yet to confirm whether it will run a two-rider squad next season. Should the Frenchman move, Cecchinello had...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 September 2010 10:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bobthedray

May 08

bobthedray says:

Rea

I agree that Rea should be given the chance of the ride, but not that he's the most deserved, but then Cal has already signed Tech 3

Reply to this Topic
waveteam

Jun 09

waveteam says:

Haslam

What about Leon Haslam to Suzuki?

I think he deserves a shot on the form he's shown this year, for one he and Ron would soon sort out the Suzuki problems!

But then I forgot, the inner MotoGP politics would not allow 3 British riders in the class, let alone 1....

Good luck to Cal, boy are you going to need it, make sure you wear a back protector, not for the falls but from those back stabers!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
BusaBeater

Aug 02

BusaBeater says:

Alex DeAngelis ? Can't see LC going for somebody from that far down the pecking order

Reply to this Topic
ichabod

Jan 09

ichabod says:

Elias...well

We know that Elias has talent and can be very fast, but his motivation level can be quite low at times. We have all seen how much he did in MotoGP the previous years. For sure he is doing well in Moto2 now because he has the desire to come back again.

The only time his is motivated in MotoGP is when it nears contract time. Lets give the seat and the chance to someone that is hungry and not waste it on someone that just wants to be back!

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Nooooo Randy! Nooooo!!!!!!!

Why on Earth would he give up a pretty damn decent ride for a no hope Suzuki ride? I can't envision Suzuki paying him a large sum so I wouldn't think it's for the money but who knows.

Reply to this Topic

Sep 10

4619 says:

suzuki ride?

I think any british rider that takes that suzuki ride will be pissing in the wind, they wont do them selfs any good at all, capperossi cant make the thing go, i know he's getting on now but he's as quick as Rea or Haslam they should stay with WSB, dont get me wrong i like  MOTOGP but is only about 4 or 5 riders and if rossi aint one of them then its like watching paint dry!!!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Iannone

I reckon Iannone would be one to try and maybe Julian simon . Elias , De Angelis and Leon Haslam had a go and failed

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

actuallly

ichabod,   Elias was gutted to be dropped after his 2009 campain. He stated that he had no joy with the Honda that year until bruno test (?)  and honda dished out the parts the Repsol team did not want. Then if i'm not mistaken he improved a lot. and should have retaind his berth.  And if MOTO 2 is not a stepping stone then where does that leave everyone else there? because he has seen them all off time and time again.

Ianone is a likely candidate as is Simon. They have shown speed every meeting. Something Redding needs be doing. But he looks a lot better the last couple of races, I hope the terrible misano thing does not slow him down.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Disappointingly Rawdawg

It seems RdeP's intended Suzuki move IS all about the money. If the figures I've read are correct he's on EUR1m now, Chechinello has offered him (or trying to find a salary) of EUR1.5m. The Suzuki figure is supposedly EUR3m.

To my mind that is Randy waving the white flag and saying I'm not good enough to compete against these guys, I'll take the pay cheque first and see what comes of Suzuki's promises knowing full well what has transpired with that factory down the years. Undoubtedly an up spec'ed LCR Honda would be a far more competitive machine than a Suzuki.

Without knowing Rea's situation or future intentions I would put him at the head of my shopping list too. Followed by Elias, De Angelis and Innanone.

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

Suzuki Chancer...

ANY 2011 move into a team will be directly for what will come about for 2012 production change... suzuki's engines are very powerful and reliable, chassis will be an easier challenge and the main issue, electronics, wont be such a hassle. with bautista as a team mate, it would be a perfect mix for their development... I think it's a move for the future, which, unless your yamaha or honda, 2011 wont count for anything.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices