Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

streaky100

Mar 09

streaky100 says:

de-restricting my bike

:wacko::wacko::wacko:
i have just completed my two years on a restricted bike which i want to de-restrict. i know i need to let my insurance company know when i do it, but do i have to notify the DVLA as the main bulk of the cost to have it done in the first place was for the paperwork. also do i need to send my licence to have the restriction notes taken off?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 September 2010 19:07)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

no sure but dont think so

well my license still had the restriction on it after 3 year  i never told the dvla or the insurance company  i did it my self and took the restricters out my self and of i went
the dvla did not now any thing about my bike being restricted as it was full horse from new 

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

no sure but dont think so

well my license still had the restriction on it after 3 year  i never told the dvla or the insurance company  i did it my self and took the restricters out my self and of i went
the dvla did not now any thing about my bike being restricted as it was full horse from new 

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Does your licecnce say that you are on a restriction? Or has it got the Catagory A entitlement on it.

I would check with them if I was you, I think you may need to get summat changed on there.

Regarding the bike, no, you do not have to tell the DVLA, only your insurance.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Am assuming

you have Cat A / 25kW entitlement?

In which case, there is no NEED to send it back to DVLA - you can send it back at any convenience (eg change of address).
If you do send it back (its optional), I believe there is a £20 fee. Mr Plod should be able to work out from the dates that the restriction no longer applies

As for the insurance, I would tell them - if only to make sure they can't screw you come claim time.

Hope that helps

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

Tell your insurers

Many won't charge any less for a restricted bike (inexperience costs...) or any more for de-restricted as longs as it's standard spec and not tuned.  Some will tell you you don't even need to tell them, others want to know.

Reply to this Topic
Andyvfr1

Apr 10

Andyvfr1 says:

No one knows its restricted.

The paperwork is the biggest scam going at the moment, all a load of rubbish.

The dvla has no idea the bike is restricted, the bike was never registered as restricted, the certificate isnt worth the paper its written on. The police are responsible for proving your bike ISNT restricted, you are NOT required to prove it is restricted.

If you insured the bike as restricted, then you should inform your insurance company of the change, if you didnt physically tell them it was restricted, dont worry about it.

The insurance company doesnt really care if its restricted or not when you are on an a2 license, if you are riding outside your license they dont have to pay out so theyve gotten money off you for nothing, win win for them.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle