Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

davidh36

Aug 06

davidh36 says:

Book Burning or not

So, come on then, should he burn the book or not?:unsure:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (09 September 2010 18:12)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

You're not

Dealing with tolerant people. Anything that affronts their religion (especially by the infidel) will stoke em up. Recently had a kitchen company rep come to measure up for a new kitchen, he was Muslim, and started ranting about British and American troops being murderers, and how would I like it if my family murdered in their homes..He shut up when I pointed out British troops had saved Muslims in Bosnia.. Tosser.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Burn every single copy

as a first step to stop our traitor govermnents plans to turn OUR country into an islamic state. ANYONE who voted labour or tory shares the blame for the muslim takeover of Britain.

Reply to this Topic
NoobRider

May 09

NoobRider says:

Bible thumpers!

I'm a Christian

and I do respect other peoples' points of view.

I don't agree with Islam's beliefs and I would try to persuade a Muslim to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, not just a prophet. However, I would respect his views and his right to disagree.

Unfortunately, many non-Christians have confused Christian dogma with the view that the church is violent - not necessarily surprising given the history of the church, once it got entangled with the State back in Diocletian's day at the tail-end of the Roman Empire.

However, there is little in the New Testament that tallies with the (violent) actions of the organised church over the centuries. The Ana Baptists were the first organised christian group to try to espouse this view and were martyred for it and mostly persecuted out of Europe.

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

As for the book burning, I doubt many of the local Muslims will be receptive to evangelical outrreach from this church, or unfortunately many others

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry mate but your post just boils my pee! Your the same as the others, you say you respect their views but then you would try to persuade them otherwise. Might as well say ner ner my religion is better than yours. You go on to say that Jesus said blah blah blah. Its in a book/or your hearing voices in your head.

According to your evil little book the world is something like 12,000 years old. Explain to me Dinosaurs?The Old Testament was even worse. But you lot only like to pick and choose the good bits dont yer. Ignoring the pure evil bits eh!

Reply to this Topic
davidh36

Aug 06

davidh36 says:

Not sure

Noobrider, who's post makes your pee boil but, its just a question that has been part of the daily news for the last couple of days due to the date today 09-11-10.

At the end of the day it does seem that some Muslims do get their knickers in twist over nothing, god, i'm Welsh and very proud of that but if i got in a state everytime someone called me a sheep shagger or the fact our rugby side is crap god knows where i would end up.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
fastasfox

Jan 08

fastasfox says:

ya can burn it for me

i thought it was a shit read! :biggrin: give me a bit of Stephen king any day :wink:

Reply to this Topic
stingy5

Apr 10

stingy5 says:

Bit childish....

Burning books , of any religion.

Only takes one tosser to start a war and ruin everyones lives...........:doubt:

Reply to this Topic
Quicksilverwing

Apr 08

Idiotic!!

Surely by burning a holy book of any religion is extremism and acts only to recruit people who would not have been extreme, I think it is madness and could cause untold problems to our boys in Afghanistan too, isn't their job hard enough already?

Reply to this Topic
crackfinder

Mar 09

crackfinder says:

couldn't agree more

parapanfan says:

The fuckwit who wants to burn the books is the exact same head case as those who bombed the WTC.

He is a total nut-job, firstly for believing in a god and secondly for believing his god is bigger than the other fella's god.

He is, in effect, a Christian Taliban.

exactly!

Reply to this Topic
crackfinder

Mar 09

crackfinder says:

like this too

"Why burn one religious book and cause a problem when we can burn every religious book and solve one"

totaly agree :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
tlrogue

Sep 10

tlrogue says:

I

think we should all just burn haynes manuals for volvos, rovers and select hyundai vehicles. Who would be upset at that, infact it could unite the world.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices