Skip to content

Riding & events Sometimes you just can’t win. Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Riding & events > Touring & travel > Sometimes you just can’t win.

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Sometimes you just can’t win.

Sometimes you just can’t win. You’re riding along on a low-powered touring bike, taking in the scenery, breathing deeply and slowly and then… … we won’t spoil the surprise. The rider apparently escaped with nothing worse than a lower leg fracture, thankfully.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 September 2010 14:42)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mpt600

Apr 05

mpt600 says:

Surprise?

Not funny...a lower leg fracture is bad enough. A lower leg fracture in India is something else.

Reply to this Topic
russ8655

Jun 09

russ8655 says:

Some surprise

… we won’t spoil the surprise.

The rider apparently escaped with nothing worse than a lower leg fracture, thankfully.

I know it could have been a hell of a lot worse, but I agree with mpt600, the above descripton hardly puts the nightmare of fracturing your lower leg in rural Kashmir in context.

We had a guy at work fracture his lower leg in March 09, he nearly lost it due to infection and isn't due to return to work for another year and that's in the UK !

Hope this guy recovers quickly

Reply to this Topic
garjon78

Jan 10

garjon78 says:

That's some scary shit. Lucky he wasn't flattened.

Reply to this Topic
Frankhno1

Aug 10

Frankhno1 says:

lucky that vanwas there or he would have been flattened

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

The old sphincter puckered up watching the clip... Not what I was expecting at all. Gees he is one lucky man. Not to mention the person on the bike in front of him that just moved forward seconds before. I think both used up 8 of their nine lives even though as pointed out a leg fracture in india is no laughing matter but the fact that the guys are still here to tell the story... I would be off buying a lottery ticket

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Ooof!

Wow. And he lived to tell the tale... Get well soon, mister. I have to say, though, that India's one country where I'd not want to be on a motorbike. The faith of the people is very fatalistic and if it's your day to die, it's your day to die. There's nothing you can do about it. You can slow down, check your mirrors, look before you pull out but if your destiny is to die it will happen whatever. So why bother with seatbelts, MOTs and all that stuff if everything is in the lap of the gods? Truly terrifying! Still, I'm glad that the gods were with those guys.

Reply to this Topic
throbbingdonkey

Mar 09

Ouch!

Blimey matey! Ouch!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle