Skip to content

Discuss This Helmet-less theft suspect killed General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Helmet-less theft suspect killed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Helmet-less theft suspect killed

A suspected thief who police refused to pursue because he was not wearing a helmet has been killed in a crash. Bobby Carl Hodgkins was suspected of being one of three helmet-less thieves who escaped from police following a raid on a bike shop in Manchester last month. Officers watched the suspects ride away on a stolen Yamaha R1 and Honda...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 September 2010 17:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LoganGyre

Sep 10

LoganGyre says:

surprised

Does no one seriously care that a persons life has more value then a motorcycle or two? I would be just as mad as any of you if someone stole my cbr, but I wouldn't want him to die for it, or say bad things about his family. Do you all think that his family isn't tore up about this? I'm not asking for tolerance of stupidity, just mercy for someone with bad judgement.

Reply to this Topic
banditsprint

Oct 08

banditsprint says:

no.....

...... looking at the comments it would appear that this "persons" life certainly had little or no value.

If his family is "tore up" about this then maybe they should have done something to stop him being a thieving scumbag in the first place.

Hopefully it wasn't a quick or painless passing.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

Not a chance felling sorry for him I have had to work hard on low pay for my bike and even harder to keep in fuel and so on.
So for some low life take a bike be it from me or a millionaire in my eyes he got what was owed to him it and maybe if his family should have instilled you got to work for what you want in life not take it he be alive today. The only ones I feel sorry for the police as they stuck in a catch 22 ,van driver and any one who had to spend any of there time deal with his mess

Reply to this Topic
richandpoor

Sep 10

richandpoor says:

This story is really sad a poor bike has been damaged

Reply to this Topic
ragnar1

Oct 03

ragnar1 says:

Shame

What a shame the van driver as to live in the fact knowing he was in a crash where someone died, but don't feel bad mate. it was a good bit of vermin control.

Reply to this Topic
ragnar1

Oct 03

ragnar1 says:

Shame

what a shame the van driver as to live with the fact he was in a crash where someone died, but don't feel to bad mate, it was a good bit of vermin control.

Reply to this Topic
ragnar1

Oct 03

ragnar1 says:

Shame

What a shame the van driver as to live in the fact knowing he was in a crash where someone died, but don't feel bad mate. it was a good bit of vermin control.

Reply to this Topic
ragnar1

Oct 03

ragnar1 says:

Shame

Reply to this Topic
BanditSpectre

Aug 10

Glad I'm not the only one!!!

I watched a 'police chase' program on BBC one a few weeks ago and they showed exactly how the police are forced by their guidelines to let these anti-social parasites on society go. Because they weren't wearing helmets. Surely this just encourages these bar-stewards to just go stealing without a helmet?

But hey news flash;

These scrotes CHOOSE to steal the bikes.

These scrotes CHOOSE not to stop for the police.

These scrotes CHOOSE to not wear helmets.

So how is it the fault of police if they die in a chase. The police are just trying to do a very hard and generally thankless job. I say chase them, if they crash and die, one less drain on society and less bikes stolen = lower insurance premiums and safer communities.

As I have had my pride and joy stolen and had to identify the twisted remains after the theives ripped it apart with crowbars, I know what it feels like. And when I first heard this story my immediate reaction was 'Good one less idiot who may steal my bike' and feel really heartened that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Thoughts and well wishes to the poor van driver for the mental anguish they have had to go through!!

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

bit heartless

@LoganGyre I have to agree. Amazing level of bloodthirsty comments here. Folks, think about the dumb things you've done in your life that a) could have got you killed and b) pissed someone else off. Fair enough, get fired up about stolen bikes, but we're talking about a human life here and family and friends left behind. If someone was about to steal your bike and you were given the all-clear to shoot him in the head and get away with it, would you pull the trigger? No, you say? Thought not. Yes, you say? No you wouldn't.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices