Skip to content

Discuss This Europe waiting on new Kawasaki Z750 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Europe waiting on new Kawasaki Z750

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Europe waiting on new Kawasaki Z750

European bike magazines are fizzing over the impending release of a Kawasaki Z750R. Rightfully so – it’s a top seller in France and Italy. But Brit riders hoping for a Japanese rival to the Triumph Street Triple needn’t bother. It’s most likely a limited edition based on the flawed current model.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (10 September 2010 17:24)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Pride

I don't understand why any Brit rider would be hoping for a Jap rival to the Triumph Street Triple. You should get behind your country and buy British. It helps the British economy.

When I was young British bikes leaked oil and had no performance compared to Japanese bikes. My DT175 would out perform a Bonnie but these days we manufacture some of the best bikes in the world. You should be proud and fly the flag. Buy a Street Triple and be proud or better still, buy a Speed Triple and be bloody proud.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Ducati S2R1000 or Triumph street nipple.....hmm now let me think !

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

KAWA Z 750 R?

I hope that if Kawasaki bring out an R version of the standard Z750,they for once get it right?

The bike needs the 1000 swingarm,180 rear tyre,fully adjustable suspension,radial calipers and the option to keep either the standard exhaust set up or a full system(obviously this will add £££'s).

There, job done,and it wouldn't cost Kawasaki a penny in development costs,as the parts already exsist.

Come on Kawasaki,its simple!!!:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
rockabrilia

Jul 10

rockabrilia says:

Pride again

I'll be proud if I bought a Jaguar and a jap bike...

Reply to this Topic
owensj

Dec 05

owensj says:

Stop slating the Z!

Yes the Z is a tad heavy for a naked bike. But for gods sake stop slating it!

It has many plus points over and above many of its direct rivals. That's why Europeans like it. It's weight makes it great for piling on the motorway miles. Near 200 miles from a tank. Good styling (personal choice). Comfy enough. Lovely engine with loads of torque.

I now own a Street Triple. I traded my Z750 in for it. So having ownedboth bikes I can say that in the real world the Z is pretty good!

Some of us have big motorway commutes rather than your endless track day/ wheelie pleasure trips. Oh, and Trevor F did gie the Z a decent review not so long ago.

So there!

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

kl595

kl595 - 'My DT175 would outperform a Bonnie' ??? Get real, take the rose tinted specs off mate, Bonnie's may have leaked but to compare it to a 175 trailie for performance , you must be on the gear fella.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

TrumpetTriple

Well, it might have been stretching the truth a bit but the point I was trying to make is it didn't make sense to buy British in those days. Today it makes the best sense yet.

To be fair my DT175 was pretty nippy and would have left a Bonnie for dead down the high street and the roundabouts and looked cooler parked outside the chipshop :)

Reply to this Topic
screemin187

Oct 05

screemin187 says:

Z750R

The Z750 does have a 180 rear section tyre, also despite the fuelling problems that the 1000 can present on exhaust changes the 750 does not give this trouble nor does it require a power commander to run with baffles out like its older brother.Kawasaki themselves offer an akrapovic bolt on can with the Urban Edition version of the bike. Exhaust changes are no problem nor do they present fuelling issues.

No one has ever complained about brakes on the owners clubs but i definitely agree with your comments on the shock and swinger. Swinger could be better and some all year round riders have had corrosion problems too. Apparently though the brakes in the Z750R have been upgraded?

The shock does get slated and yes its not great but for the average rider a proper set up of the bikes suspension does work wonders. It comes from the factory set up for a 68kg rider according to manuals, the further you are from that weight the worse the bike feels but many have benefitted from a proper set up

Anyone interested in the Zed range as a whole should check out the UK owners forum www.zedoc.co.uk

For the money its a great all round bike and we have a couple of hundred members who agree :-) In saying that we suspect the Z750R will be a basic makeover. We worried that it would get the bandit style makeover treatment this year and suspect it might

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Hmmm

Current z750 "flawed"............? C'mon they cant be that bad.  I dont own a "z" but it aint that bad surely.Anyway, the new z should have more that just fancy forks & ? & ?.

I hope that the euro mags are not spicing this up to be something its not.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Z750 R Debate continues.......

I'm glad someone reads these comment pages.I noticed someone commented on a few things i mentioned.For a start,the standard z750 isn't a bad looking bike,it just needs a few tweaks.I mentioned the R version should have RADIALCALIPERS fitted,not for stopping power,as i'm sure the two piston jobbies are up to the job already,no,but for the R version it has to look like an R version and besides radial clipers make this style of bike look more aggresive .The suspension,again fully adjustable because its going too be an R version.I mentioned it should have a 180 rear tyre.

Yes,i know it has already,sorry about that,thinking of something else.The exhaust i know Kawasaki offer an AKROPOVIC option already,so maybe it should come as standard on this R version,oh and of course the obligatory colour change to mark this  version out but the swingarm HAS TOO GO KAWASAKI,please,give it the 1000 jobbie.:blink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle