Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Adventure 1200: Triumph's big adventure New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph Adventure 1200: Triumph's big adventure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph Adventure 1200: Triumph's big adventure

With the new Triumph Tiger 800 and Triumph Adventure 1200 set to be released soon, we thought we'd take a look at how Triumph got serious about the dual sports sector. Triumph Tiger 900 1993-2000 Engine: 885ccPower: 82bhpTorque: 60ftlbWeight: 209kg BMW R1100GS 1993-1999 Engine: 1085ccPower: 80bhpTorque: 72ftlbWeight: 243kg Triumph Tiger 955i 2001-2006 Engine: 955ccPower: 104bhpTorque: 68ftlbWeight: 215kg BMW R1150GS 1999-2005 Engine: 1130ccPower: 85bhpTorque: 75ftlbWeight: 229kg Triumph Tiger 1050 2007-current Engine: 1050ccPower: 113bhpTorque:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 September 2010 20:37)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Doug45

Mar 08

Doug45 says:

Yes, you can't beat a good "Dual Sprots" bike...!

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Triumph have pulled out another gem. Me thinks the 800 Tiger may not be so popular now.

Neither are for me though. I don't get this whole Charlie and Ewan adventure thing. I don't go to Africa very often and can't see me buying one as I hate carrying luggage and can't think of anything worse than living in a tent for a holiday and  I would feel a complete tool riding down the A3 on one commuting to work. Still, whatever lights your candle.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

@kl595

Mate, i could turn your statement upside down, why would you want to ride down the A3 on a 170 bhp rock hard race rep? small penis? why do we all wear knee sliders and dark visors, full race systems and dyno time, small penis? all that stuff is just as pointless on the road as an adventure bike????

Why does an "adventure"  have to include Africa or off road work, it doesnt, riding across America on route 66 is an adventure just as much as riding through Africa, its about seeing different places and meeting people from different cultures, not how dirty you get.

Ive had several thou's over the last ten years, recently just trading in my 08 R1, which yes, you've guessed it, had all the gear on it, i swapped it for a tiger 1050 and have really enjoyed riding again this summer, it makes so much more sense on the road, i bought a track bike to satisfy my scratchin...

You see, i think  most lads are scared to try summat  like this in case they actually like it??

Just another point of view to consider mate, tongue in cheek pal, i dont want an argument hahaha

Take care

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

stu sp2

Fair points Stu and I agree with everything you say but I'm still not sold on the idea. I might buy something similar (older and cheaper) as a winter/crap weather bike but I can't see it being my main bike. I like my Speed Triple too much.

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

no need for it

It is getting distinctly weird ... seems like all the bike companies seem to feel obliged to build a BMW GS clone and a smaller sibling. You've got the 1200GS and F800GS, the two Teneres and now Triumph oddly launching two similar but different capacity bikes more or less at once. If I had the money I'd go with the KTM LC8 Adventure assuming the injection is sorted these days.

Reply to this Topic
smoegen

Mar 09

smoegen says:

Over here in Sweden people are very curious about the new Triumph. As for myself I ride a 650GS, and i´m looking at the 800GS. But now i will wait until I can take a test ride on the new 800 Tiger...

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

@Elefantman

You're quite right mate, i work in an industry where we look at gaps in the market to sell our product, also, and more importantly, if there is a piece of the market where we aint active, then we will try and get in there, otherwise our competitors are growing their market share and we aint..

So when you look at the GS success story, its normal for the other manufacturers to want a piece of that cake, these bikes are becoming very popular now as people realise there is more to riding than a 170 bhp crotch rocket???

If they were not to get involved and broaden their portfolio, then they risk being left behind and maybe even worse, i might be wrong with this one, but i'm sure the GS has been the top selling bike for the last couple of years?...

I'm really excited about the new 1200 Tiger, i really hope its gonna offer a genuine other option to the GS, ive ridden the GS several times, and its quirky at first, but nonetheless its a bloody good bike, but, at this stage i like my 1050 Tiger, its so smooth with the Triple and the noise from the arrow can is sexual!!

Triumph live next weekend, so i'm hoping to see these new bikes...

Reply to this Topic
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

Great to see

British bikes ruling the world again!

Reply to this Topic
farley8

Apr 07

farley8 says:

i have seen it!!

I saw this bike testing yersterday, in a small village just outside hinckley, got to say, initially when i saw the artist impressions i was not bowled over with it, however, on the road, it looks a lot better, doesn't look as awkward as the GS, the one i saw had white body work with blue wrtiring on it, it looked very good, very imposing on the road, it also sounded great.  it overtook me and went straight onto a round about, which he took as quick as anything i have seen round there, so there did not appear to be any problems with the handling etc, i was driving so couldn't get any pictures, but i would love one of these when they are released.

Reply to this Topic
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

I'd like to try one

I like GSs and if I get a shot on one of these and like it I'd buy one and then ride it till it fell apart, like I did with the GS.

I like the GSs size, range and fixability and the fact it'll do big miles.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices