Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Adventure 1200: Triumph's big adventure New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph Adventure 1200: Triumph's big adventure

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph Adventure 1200: Triumph's big adventure

With the new Triumph Tiger 800 and Triumph Adventure 1200 set to be released soon, we thought we'd take a look at how Triumph got serious about the dual sports sector. Triumph Tiger 900 1993-2000 Engine: 885ccPower: 82bhpTorque: 60ftlbWeight: 209kg BMW R1100GS 1993-1999 Engine: 1085ccPower: 80bhpTorque: 72ftlbWeight: 243kg Triumph Tiger 955i 2001-2006 Engine: 955ccPower: 104bhpTorque: 68ftlbWeight: 215kg BMW R1150GS 1999-2005 Engine: 1130ccPower: 85bhpTorque: 75ftlbWeight: 229kg Triumph Tiger 1050 2007-current Engine: 1050ccPower: 113bhpTorque:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 September 2010 20:37)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ruta40ar

Sep 10

ruta40ar says:

First a YAMAHA with an 19´front wheel and 260kg named SUPERTENEREE and now a TIGER with the same confuse concept. Good bikes but they are not trail bike....not for adventure life, only for citi..

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

@ruta40ar

Hello mate, can you define "adventure" ???

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

I'd like one

Particularly if it is comfortable on the highway like the R1200GS but doesn't cost as much.  John Bloor is one very smart businessman.  There's got to be a way to make a GS competitor that doesn't cost $18,000.  Sorry Yamaha, but you missed the target.  It should cost less, not more than a GS. 

Reply to this Topic
lany

Aug 02

lany says:

It hits the spot

I think the Tiger 800 will make a great 1 up adventure tourer, provided it has a decent tank range, which is the main let down of the GS800. Ideal for touring out of the way places on small roads where pot holes and dirt/gravel capability gets you to the more interesting places. Their are plenty of these sort of places even within Europe. 

Reply to this Topic
Mr Triumph

Jan 03

Mr Triumph says:

Can't wait

If the new Tigers are anything like as great to own and ride as a Tiger 955i that I once owned and did many miles on, they will be winners. Whilst it's Japanese rivals are struggling to come up with only one or two properly new models this year, Triumph are pushing forward with a raft of new models. Who says the British motoring industry is dead? A British brand and product to be proud of. I buy the flag and ride the flag...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices