Skip to content

Ask an Expert Yamaha fazer fuel consumption Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Yamaha fazer fuel consumption

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bossmanjay

Jun 10

bossmanjay says:

Yamaha fazer fuel consumption

Help, the petrol consumption in my Fazer 1000 is terrible. The bike is fully serviced and runs well. I have checked everything from leaking fuel pipes to adjusting the exup to try to improve the mpg. However, I have noticed tiny cracks in the inlet manifold rubbers & wondered if this could be the cause??  Jim Vettrino

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (11 September 2010 11:34)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

fuel

More info,year/mileage and has this problem occured whilst you`ve had the bike?Do you know the colour of the plugs when removed?Is the exup valve starting to turn at i think 4,000 rpm? Has it the correct sprockets on? If the inlet manifold rubbers are letting air in the mixture will be weaker,has the carbs been tampered with because of this? 

Reply to this Topic
bossmanjay

Jun 10

bossmanjay says:

Fazer Fuel

The bike is a 2002 model and only started using more fuel this year, March onwards. 26000 miles on the clock now. All bar 4000 have been done by me, mainly on European trips. The air filter & plugs have just been replaced although the old ones were a good light brown colour but worn. Sprockets are original and in good condition,(scottoiler) as is the chain. Carbs have not been altered and were balanced about a year ago. I haven't checked if the exup opens at 4000 rpm although it is operating as I can feel it when accelerating.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

fuel

Can only suggest checking if the exup valve is opening fully (service item),checking the throttle position sensor for working (correct ignition timing).Also has the valve clearances been checked (due at 25,000m).You would know if petrol was going down the carbs overflow pipes and out under the bike.:unsure:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices