Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha boss: ‘I would release Rossi to test Ducati’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha boss: ‘I would release Rossi to test Ducati’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha boss: ‘I would release Rossi to test Ducati’

Yamaha boss Masao Furusawa has said his personal preference is not to block Valentino Rossi from testing for Ducati in Valencia in early November. But the senior race boss, who was influential in helping Rossi win four MotoGP titles for the Japanese factory, said it was difficult contractually to let the Italian begin testing for Ducati immediately after the final race. Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 September 2010 15:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
windy12

Oct 07

windy12 says:

contracts

If you agreed to it you should stick to it, they shouldnt have signed it if it would cause a problem.

I get sick of everyone pulling out of contracts.

If a contract is purposely written to stop a rider moving on easily it should be void.

It should all begin and end with the contract and if the contract is correct and fair only.

There should be a committee for such issues independent of the teams a mixture of legal and sports experts their word should be final.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

I really can't understand why MotoGP contract don't finish after the last race of the season rather than drag on until Dec 31st.  This keeps happening every year when riders change team/manufacturer so why not just address it and change all the contract dates in future?

Is there anything to stop Rossi riding the Ducati at another track that isn't covered by the testing agreements, or running it with a larger tank so it isn't officially a MotoGP bike at all?

Reply to this Topic
stevyamy

Jul 08

stevyamy says:

Ducati should do a last minute turnaround and block Stoner from testing the honda, let's see how the japanese would like it if "their ball" was in someones elses hands.

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

the so called doctor

let him sweat over christmas ah ah ah

Reply to this Topic
fabCB

Mar 10

fabCB says:

MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!

If they release him or not,  he will still turn that team around just like he did with Yamaha.

He took the Yam which at the time was a middle of the grid runner, and turned it into a front runner.

The Ducati as we all know is already a front runner, he just needs a bit of time to alter things to suit his style of riding.

I truely believe he will win many races even is his first year! and if Yamaha want to make things difficult for him, even better, because when Rossi gets it in his head to prove a point.... theres no touching him!!

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

What's happened to good will and all the best for the future Yamaha should shake hands and release him after the last race.?On another subject Lorenzo is a gifted rider of which there is little doubt but I wish he would put a halt to the stupid theatrics when he wins a race.I wonder if he cringes when he undoubtedly watches himself after the race,or does he think f*@k me i'm good.? 

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

Is that a joke?

It is not a coincidence that most contracts in MotoGP end in December and the riders/managers are well aware. Maybe that's the price they pay to get that extra 20% of their salaries, I don't know...Now if that is what you've signed for don't cry foul. As far as what Rossi has done for Yamaha... It doesn't matter; he was well renumarated for his services. After all, he's the one who decided to leave. Whatever Yamaha decides to do, it's their right and we shoul be fine with it. Next time, take less money and end the contract right after the last race of the season. 

Reply to this Topic
Evs7

Mar 07

Evs7 says:

Fan power

You have got to wonder how much sway the fans have on this issue. Imagine if a petition was started asking for Rossi to be released and thousands upon thousands or maybe even millions signed it. Would Yamaha release him then? These manufacturers have stated several times that they compete in MotoGP to help sales. Well surely that would be negative PR for Yamaha and not good for sales???

Reply to this Topic
kaiser954rr

Apr 10

kaiser954rr says:

contract? what contract. . .

Rossi took, with both hands, a contract that states he WORKS FOR Yamaha and has agreed to the terms on the paper. A bit late now to start whining about being released before the end. I'm sure he had someone go over the details with him and pointed out any areas that might be a problem (clearly forgot to mention Lorenzo) and was happy to sign. So stop moaning and do what you are contracted to do. He is not GP and is not a team boss. He is just a rider. A good one but still just a rider.

Reply to this Topic
marchwitty

Sep 10

marchwitty says:

It's a contract and one he should adhere to, it's not just Yahama it's all the sponsors and they are the one's saying we don't want to release him until his contract is up.

However, from what Rossi has said, he'll be having the op on his shoulder he should have had done when he broke his bones.  It would have been better to see him out for the season than come back with mediocrity for the second part of the season.

What Rossi has done to Furusawa is disgusting, putting a gun to his head and saying its him or me, doesn't sit well with me.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle