Skip to content

Discuss This Aprilia to stop development as Biaggi closes in on WSB crown World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Aprilia to stop development as Biaggi closes in on WSB crown

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Aprilia to stop development as Biaggi closes in on WSB crown

Aprilia boss Gigi Dall’Igna has revealed that any development of Max Biaggi’s Aprilia RSV4 has now stopped for the rest of the season. The decision to halt the flow of new parts is to allow Biaggi to concentrate on winning his first WSB crown without running the risk of any new development part failing. Biaggi currently holds a 58 point advantage...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 September 2010 14:25)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

RSV4

Following on Dall'Igna's  comments, I would say that this bike  is, "more than good!!!!!!!!!!!" What with the modified, now gear driven, cams, we have a bike which is at Moto gp level!!!!!! in WSBK!!!!!!!!! One more year in WSBK and then Moto gp????????? Would be interesting to see how Biaggi would perform in that arena now, well in 2012, if, of course, he felt he could be competetive once again???????? Time will tell I guess!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Eddy I agree this bike has been outstanding in wsbk, with the tech advances aprilia have been allowed to use !!.................however Biaggi is not motogp standard, infact hes way off.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

No sense in risking the title with parts failures.

I like the old guy personally.  Very dynamic.  He's in the right place.  His motoGP days are definitely behind him though.  The way Spies took care of business last season as a rookie showed it.  And when you look at where Spies is compared to the other GP guys...   Underdeveloped Aprilia or not, Biaggi wasn't close to contention.  He'd be hanging out with Capirossi in the back somewhere...or just slightly ahead of him.  Well, maybe Aprilia should have another go at it and use Biaggi's experience to develop it.

Reply to this Topic
marchwitty

Sep 10

marchwitty says:

Biaggi

It's great they have decided to stop development, at least he can now get the bike set up for the last two races without having to give too much feed back.  I've always liked him, in MotoGP as well as WSBK.  The man is a legend.

Mr. Number what do you mean, Biaggi isn't motoGP standard?  He's raced in 125cc, 250cc and 500cc in Motogp and his first season  on the 500cc he came second in the championship to Mick Doohan, no mean feat.

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Oohh, mad max on an aprillia going to moto gp to do battle with Rossi on a ducati is a mouthwatering thought! Really can't see it happening but still... I don't think max would be just making the numbers up in moto gp.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Max

Max has always been motogp standard. Should never of left!!

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Deserved

If, as looks very likely Biaggi lifts the WSB title this year it will be a deserved win. It pains me to say that as I would rather have seen Haslam win but the Aprilia has been the best package this year and Biaggi very consistent on it. However I do not feel that Biaggi is at motogp standard. Anymore. Yes he is a former 4 time World 250cc Champion and narrowly missed out on the 500cc title in his first year but that was back in 1998. Since then he failed to to achieve the kind of success that his past form suggested he would be capable of. One major reason for this is surely his belief that he was getting inferior treatment compared to the factory Honda riders and yet failed to improve when he was given a Repsol ride. Also the time he spent on the Yamaha. Plus we shouldn't forget that Biaggi likes being in WSB. So why should he go back to motogp on a bike that will need further development and ride round in the mid-back of the pack when he is a big dog in WSB?

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

He is still a Class Act

Like him or not; he is a legend after 20 years at top flight International Level. This title is well deserved as much as like many I would have liked Leon Haslam to win it. I saw Max at Misano this year and he is total class on the bike, and appears to retain much of his high corner speed 250cc style.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Aprilia came to WSB with an agenda,the race shope at Noale has made it's money by leasing 250 two strokes at a million pounds a year,that has stopped,this Aprilia WSB is a Moto GP bike period and all will be revealed in 2012 when engines go back to a 1000cc and they'll go back to leasing either engines or bikes,they've even done it this year with Smrz at 50 grand a meeting,unfortunately he's just a.n.other who can only ride a Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

its Max's title

Its Max's title unless someone takes him out. Not sure what the plans are for Camier are with Aprilia but i think he deserves to stay if he's not already signed up.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices