Skip to content

Discuss This Moto Guzzi V7 Racer unveiled New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Moto Guzzi V7 Racer unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Moto Guzzi V7 Racer unveiled

This is Moto Guzzi’s luxurious new café racer: designed for a “gentleman in the mood for a track day”. Video: Moto Guzzi V7 Racer in action It’s called the V7 Racer and it stakes its claim as an object of desire from the off, boasting a chromed tank with leather strap and a single-seater suede saddle. The bespoke charms don’t end there,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (15 September 2010 16:39)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
george shuttleworth

May 04

750?.zzzz. A sheep in wolfs clothing. Would of been a bit more racier with a v11 sport lump in it!

Reply to this Topic
chmer20

Oct 09

chmer20 says:

power

hope they add some much need power to go with the appearence. V7 classic has about 50hp and 40 tq? If Guzzi can crank it up to 70hp and 50 tq (cams, headwork more compression, timing and injection), I think this would do well. Appearence wise, I think the only thing it is lacking is another brake disc up front. Looks great!

Reply to this Topic
suzukinutt

Aug 09

suzukinutt says:

Looks cool , but number 7 on an Italian bike :(

Reply to this Topic
GilR

Nov 09

GilR says:

too much

We don't need Moto Guzzi to tell us what is exquisite. "Connaisseurs" can recongnised on their own. Shame they didn't use the v11 engine. However the v7 will be subject to some interesting old school tuning. Great looking bike too

Reply to this Topic
guy195

Jan 04

guy195 says:

Very pretty but will make about 40bhp at the back wheel- cant see it being fun at all for "the gentleman in the mood for a track day" more suitable for the "lady or gentleman who wants a pretty little bike and does not want to go too fast". In reality this will have the same power as a 750 Nevada or Breva.

Small block Guzzi motors do not take kindly to major tuning so not point in bothering unless you have money to burn.

I agree with the other comments- Guzzi need to build a bike like this but with real grunt.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Guzzis have

never done anything for me. The japs move with the times giving bikers what they want. Guzzis still seem stuck in the 1950s. It may have some of the latest trick parts on it but is still jammed solid in the BSA era.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

underwhelmed

Like others I'm confused and underwhelmed by this bike. I like Guzzi's and the idea of a small highly tuned one could be fun but it doesn't sound like this is highly tuned. Overall I'm not sure why people would go for one of these instead of the excellent (albeit a little slow) V7 Classic Cafe except because its slightly different.

Reply to this Topic
bustedbits

May 10

bustedbits says:

nice legs

A lovely looking bike, but the motor is only useful in commuting situations.  The tyre sizes let it look classic, but the handling will not set anyone's life on fire.

Pretty mr guzzi, but chuck in the old two valve twin and let me put a tyre newer than 20years old on the back.

Any chance of a long term loaner for the financially destitute?

Reply to this Topic
daveb

Aug 02

daveb says:

Dry weight: 192 (odd) kg, wet weight: 200 (odd kg

+ Trackday speeds

+ Repeated heavy braking

Vs

Single disc and four-piston caliper.

=

Exit stage left pursued by marshalls.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Guzzi has never made bikes for the masses. This one is no exception. It will appeal in small numbers, most likely Guzzi owners who want to add to the stable and show up for a Sunday ride on something different.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices