Skip to content

General Restrictors? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Restrictors?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

alexanderharris

Sep 10

Restrictors?

I've recently bought a 1996 Suzuki GSX-F 600. She's a lovely little teapot, very proud :biggrin:

I'm trying to get a restrictor kit fitted onto her as I've only recently passed my A2! I've got a friend who's given me the restrictor kit from his old GSX-F.

I've rung a garage trying to get a quote to get it fitted on, however the garage say that it needs to be a new restrictor fitted as there's a database where the restrictor is paired with the bike. They also went on about the certificate but I've read MCNs article about the 33bhp certificate rip-off so I'm aware of it.

Does anyone know where I stand?

Cheers,

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 September 2010 20:40)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
slider72

Mar 05

slider72 says:

??

needs to be a new restrictor as theres a database with it paired to the bike???

never heard of that, a got some restrictors off a friend for her cbr as she had also passed with a restricted test. no probs whatsover.

who did you ring? main dealer? independant? i'd get a second opinion on that.

would'nt be george white would it?? can't stand them(well the swindon branch)

or phone suzuki uk, there is also other areas of this forum that you could post this on.

all the best anyway.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Spin = Lying

Some dealer is selling you total spin (ie bullsh*tting you). Any database has absolutely NO legal standing in the UK (full stop). Dealers know this but some like to manipulate the legislation for their own ends. 

Reply to this Topic
djpert1

Feb 10

djpert1 says:

I have recently done that.

I just bought a new kit to save the hassle. It is fine if the bike comes with one and a garage refits it. Eeryone has a different view. I think there should be some clear guide lines on it. The restrictor kit for the bandit kit should work on your gsx aswell - same engine. I found the Riders in Bristol (upmarket Harley and Ducati dealer near me) was surprisingly the cheapest.

Don't know how they pair the restrictors to the bike. There is a certificate specifically for your machine but the only markings on the actuall slides are just a product referance number and not a serial number. No corresponding markings on the certificate.

£180 for a new kit! Four metal discs with a samll hole in them! Mine accidentally fell out in the end but you deffinatley need the certificate!

Keep me posted man!:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I put a reply

on your thread in the other section, so not going to type it all out here.

There is no "restrictor paired with the bike" - this is BS to my knowledge.
 There's loads on fleabay.

Check the other thread (Tech?) for the rest of the reply.

Hope that helps.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices