Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati 848 Evo v Triumph 675 v Yamaha R6 on track First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Ducati 848 Evo v Triumph 675 v Yamaha R6 on track

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati 848 Evo v Triumph 675 v Yamaha R6 on track

The new Ducati 848 Evo gets its first ever group test In next week’s MCN, out September 22. Ducati say it takes the supersport category to new heights, but is it really a supersport bike? It certainly revs like one, and carries the corner speed of one, but with 140bhp on tap you have to wonder if it’s closer to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (17 September 2010 15:43)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jim929cc

Sep 10

jim929cc says:

Supersport?

How the hell is this a supersport bike? Last time I looked, the supersport catagory was 600 fours, up to 750 twins? So were does an 848 fit in the supersport catagory? What a waste of a comparison. Its got over 30% capacity advantage over the R6 for christs sake.

Can MCN and Ducati not read numbers very well?

Reply to this Topic
blackspot

Sep 10

blackspot says:

math

I really like Ducati bikes but this thing with letting them compete with larger displacement and this comparing of the uncomparable...just don`t understand it...

It gives credit to bith Triumph and Yamaha though :-)

Reply to this Topic
Woodystock

Jul 09

Woodystock says:

Well, it may not seem completely fair, but you can´t be always completely eqalitarian all the time. All of these bikes are meant to attract the same category of bikers - those who can´t afford litres yet they like adrenalin of the speed and agile handling. In WSB series, Ducati bikes are permited 20 per cent of displacement advantage, the 848 has 41 percent of advantage, that´s right. However, it would be pitty to miss this bike in the comparison, since it is supposed to be compared with the 600´s, and annihilate them, of course. When you buy a bike, you do not choose a 600 since it is not fair to choose an 848, do you?

Reply to this Topic
leogreek

Oct 09

leogreek says:

I can't help but think that if the Yamaha (not a fan) had an extra 250cc to play with, it would have 150bhp...

Reply to this Topic
SlowerthanU

Aug 10

SlowerthanU says:

£10695............

All boils down to what you want to do with it & how much money you've got.

If you want to use the ducati on the track, would it be as much fun knowing what your investment is? When you could buy any modern 600/750/1000 up to 4 years old R6 & Daytona 675 included (none have changed radically) for £4000 - £7000 spend your money on tyres & trackdays (& ebay lol) :o)

Reply to this Topic
AlexL

Feb 09

AlexL says:

woodystock

you can get new 1000s for the price of that Ducati, with free finance (whereas Ducati doesn't have interest free)....if you base the comparison on price only.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

It's not Fair

"When you buy a bike, you do not choose a 600 since it is not fair to choose an 848, do you?" - True but speaking personally I have a budget and an amount I'm willing to pay (not always the same) and £10,695 is significantly more than £7,999.

Reply to this Topic
Woodystock

Jul 09

Woodystock says:

Of course, you always take money into consideration when you buy anything. But if MCN should compare only affordable bikes, there would be no Desmosedici review, 1098 S or other special bikes. They compare bikes, not the best trades. It is appropriate to compare 848 with Suzuki 750, but here MCN probably just want to show whether 848 is a good alternative to non-litre superbikes, which are usually 600´s, or how it can compete with the most radical of them.

Reply to this Topic
tom2785

Sep 10

tom2785 says:

GSX-R750

How come it wasn't lined up against the GSX-R750. 133hp at the rear and 64lbs of torque seems a much fairer test.

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Yeah, why no GSX-R750?

THAT's a pair off I'd like to see. Especially as the Gixer 750 never makes it into any shootouts because of its inbetweeness. Opportunity lost, seems to me....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices