Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati 848 Evo v Triumph 675 v Yamaha R6 on track First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Ducati 848 Evo v Triumph 675 v Yamaha R6 on track

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati 848 Evo v Triumph 675 v Yamaha R6 on track

The new Ducati 848 Evo gets its first ever group test In next week’s MCN, out September 22. Ducati say it takes the supersport category to new heights, but is it really a supersport bike? It certainly revs like one, and carries the corner speed of one, but with 140bhp on tap you have to wonder if it’s closer to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 September 2010 15:43)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Woodystock

Jul 09

Woodystock says:

Displacement gap

That´s right, the gap between 130 bhp 600´s and 180 bhp litres is crucial. Only Suzuki and Ducati produce bikes to cover it, so that there´s a class of two. Mayby there will be a proper group test between them later on.

Reply to this Topic
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

I agree

I agree with almost everything written below, a 10 and a half grand 850 is not a middleweight bike neither in cost or displacement.

This Ducati is near sized to the original 851 which was a superbike!

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak

Nov 07

Why include the Ducati ?

As below - including the Ducati 848 with the 675 Daytona & R6 is inaccurate due to the price premium demanded by Ducati & that the Supersport engine capacity limit for a twin is 750cc - not 850cc.

A more accurate comparison with the Ducati 848 would be with the Suzuki GSXR750 four.

A cynic might suggest MCN are trying to help Ducati's marketing by comparing the 848 with smaller & cheaper opposition ?.............. Surprise, surprise - the Ducati wins.

Reply to this Topic
rodgerslyon

Jan 06

rodgerslyon says:

Why not compare to...

929cc, 152bhp, 164mph, Insurance group 17? Oh wait a minute those are the figures from a 2002 CBR900RR!!! Its a SUPERBIKE!!!! Its a ridiculous test and we must be on a quiet week for news.

Reply to this Topic
tom2785

Sep 10

tom2785 says:

Lets not be (too) negative

Looks like a few people are on the same lines the GSX-R750 would have been a fantastic 1 on1 test against the duke. But pitching it against the 675 and oher 600's would produce I much more favourable result for the 848.

I hate to be a cynic but I can see where "Kawasakifreak" is coming from. Come on MCN lets have the real head to head test.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

I dont think ducati need any help from mcn to assist an 848 up against a suzuki 750 !

Reply to this Topic
OnPole

Aug 07

OnPole says:

i think some people are missing the point.

The 848 is Ducati's 'middleweight' so why not pitch it. People seem to have forgotten you can buy an 1198 if you really want Superbike power in a Ducati!?!?

Suzuki are the only ones that blur it a little with the 750 being on offer with a 1000 and a 600.

Reply to this Topic
Kawasakifreak

Nov 07

Cost & Engine Size ARE Relevant

'Onpole' ignores both cost & engine size by supporting the comparison of the Ducati 848 Evo with the R6 & 675 Daytona - these are relevant factors that can't be ignored in any objective test.
The fact that the 848 may well represent a Ducati 'middle-weight' doesn't define the middle-weight class for comparison purposes - it just makes the 848 as irrelevant in a Supersport comparison test as the Suzuki GSXR750.
What point are we all missing precisely ?

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Sep 07

Rsix says:

848 v 675 v R6

Ok. So I'm obviously going to be a bit bias here, hence the username. But in the summer edition of ' god for bid I say it' Fast Bikes Magazine, they pitched 10 bikes against each other at a track in Spain called Alcarras. Included in the test were the Fireblade, BMW 1000rr, KTM RC8, Kwaka ZX10R, Aprilia RSV4r, GIXER750, Duke 1198s corse, Yammy R1, Kwaka ZX6R, and the lowly, un useable R6. And would you like to guess the lap times?.......Look them up.(the R6 came 2nd behind the BMW 1000rr) The R6 is a shit road bike.Agreed. But it smashed the Dukes 1198's lap time by 1.3 second per lap).It does what it says on the tin. Track bike. DON'T GO SHOPPING ON IT. Anyway, I guess I'm saying it looks like it's ok to pitch certain 600's against larger capacity bikes simply because a bigger engine does not automatically make a faster and better bike.............bring on the comments.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle