Skip to content

Discuss This Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’

Plans for bike parking spaces at a popular meeting place have been blocked by a councillor who calls motorcycles ‘pop pops’.   Proposals for motorcycle bays at the bike-friendly Central Kiosk in Walton on Naze, Essex, were blocked when Cllr Jan King wrote to Essex council that she was ‘very concerned’ about ‘pop pops’. Her email said: ‘Just imagine standing on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 September 2010 17:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
lfcmick2510@yahoo.co.uk

Jun 08

cllr poop poop

what a waster!  she wants to get a proper job like the rest of us, and a haircut scruffy tw@!

Reply to this Topic
tackyaccy

Dec 07

tackyaccy says:

What can you expect

From a common purpose slapper.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

councillors???????

Vote her off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

You know it hurts just as much kicking a woman in the groin!

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Wiggy

I think it's a bloke in a wig, looks just like George Dawes. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!! Not capable of making a rational decision I'm afraid, get rid please!!!

Reply to this Topic
mickipaq

Oct 06

mickipaq says:

fuck wit

Lets organise a run of a 1000 bikers up and down her road for a fekin week and park outside her door,and see if she would rather us go to the bloody cafe

Reply to this Topic
Aeroman

Sep 10

Aeroman says:

Just a thought....

She has stopped parking spaces for these 'pop pops' from being put into place. I don't suppose for a moment that she has considered that for the vast majority of the time that the 'pop pops' are parked, they are making far less noise than the ones motoring around while the riders search in vain for somewhere to park?

That would imply that she had two braincells to rub together, of course. It would also imply that her actions weren't a thinly disguised attempt to increase her business at the expense of another local (seemingly thriving) business concern - or even perhaps that she wasn't using the noise as an excuse to discriminate against a section of society of which she so clearly disapproves.

Either way, I have a 'pop pop' in the form of a 1957 BSA Bantam Major and might take a trip up purely out of interest to see what the fuss is about. I might happen to find somewhere close to her teashop to park while I 'pop pop' over to meet some decent people at the Kiosk.

Reply to this Topic
cheapcaps

Sep 10

cheapcaps says:

Reply to this Topic
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

For our own good

I bet she thinks shes doing it in our best intrests, on account of how we don't know our own minds. People like this really annoy me, and this condesending idiot's an MP?!?

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

great idea

@mickipaq et all

Positive action not provacation! Defo up for a run up there, my Aprilia Mille certainly makes quite a pop-pop... and for sure a simple protest about lack of parking run through the local media will put her to shame.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices