Skip to content

Discuss This Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’

Plans for bike parking spaces at a popular meeting place have been blocked by a councillor who calls motorcycles ‘pop pops’.   Proposals for motorcycle bays at the bike-friendly Central Kiosk in Walton on Naze, Essex, were blocked when Cllr Jan King wrote to Essex council that she was ‘very concerned’ about ‘pop pops’. Her email said: ‘Just imagine standing on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (17 September 2010 17:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Drivel

I bet she's a happy little number to work with.

Let me guess what her profession was - err.. primary school teacher.

Sad isn't it.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

or just...

write to her:

Councillor Jan King

Address : The Shop Princes Esplanade Walton on the Naze Essex
Postcode : CO14 8PZ
Telephone : 01255 679904
Business : 01255 679904
Email : cllr.jking@tendringdc.gov.uk
Political Group : Tendring First
Ward : Walton

Reply to this Topic
arnunn

Jul 06

arnunn says:

Could be wrong..

but ......there is a bikers meet at the 'Central Kiosk' (http://davetye.com/colchestermag/Whats_On.htm), where they want some bike parking. If you do street view on google earth you can see Clr King's shop called 'The Shop' (declared by her as an interest http://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/96CE531D-D299-4BD0-8088-FD49ABD87833/0/MIJKing.pdf ) and parked there is a couple of other mobile kiosks, 'The Beach Kiosk' and 'The Lollipop Kiosk'

sour grapes perhaps?

Reply to this Topic
RICHARD545

Sep 10

RICHARD545 says:

OMG

"They" really do walk among us !!!

Reply to this Topic
Ralinoco

Nov 08

Ralinoco says:

Pop Pops?

Hmmm, not sure we should take a grown-up seriously if they are putting in a supposedly valid objection in baby language! perhaps she means lolly pops or lawn mowers or microlights, who knows? she's daft as a brush!

Suppose she would call my Panther 600 single a boff- boff or a thump-thump.

I expect when she goes to work she calls her colleagues" icky sticky woo woos" and tells them she's off for a drive in her "Wizz wizz"

Bananas!

Reply to this Topic
600kid

Sep 10

600kid says:

Just What?!

Nice to see that nutters can still get into positions of influence, this seems more like a personal dislike of the so called 'intense and annoying' sound of bikes, not exactly a valid reason for a complete ban on new conveniences for bikers.

By the way, Ralinoco, your comment made me laugh out loud at work,in full view of my Boss, I hope youre happy! haha

Reply to this Topic
wolfrace999

Mar 06

wolfrace999 says:

not all bad...

This might actually be doing the little village some good...

all this extra custom from bikers visiting...

I bet she drives that Nissan Nivara parked around the back of  'the shop' (ingenious name by the way :/ )

Reply to this Topic
cbrpilot

Sep 03

cbrpilot says:

Who's annoying?

Can we ban councillors? They are as annoying as hell, with their self rightious attitude sticking their noses into our everyday lives. Just look at the last elections for godsake!!!

'Just imagine sitting at home watching the Motogp on your telly, when some drivelling gobshite knock's on your door and won't sod off - it creates a hell for any self respecting biker '

And if she doesn't know what that is... just look in the mirror...

Reply to this Topic
Tomsk46

Jan 09

Tomsk46 says:

spin cycle

Clearly been a while since she last sat on her washing machine for a long spin cycle .  Get on it girl  the world will seem a better place afterwards!

Reply to this Topic
doughnut1

Sep 10

doughnut1 says:

If you want noise control

Then why don't you join the Taliban, seems that your personal viewpoints are in sync with them. You will also benefit your self esteem by buying one of these http://www.hijabnow.com/webshop/product_info.php/cPath/83/products_id/238 as it'll hide that dodgy hairdo

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices