Skip to content

Discuss This Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’

Plans for bike parking spaces at a popular meeting place have been blocked by a councillor who calls motorcycles ‘pop pops’.   Proposals for motorcycle bays at the bike-friendly Central Kiosk in Walton on Naze, Essex, were blocked when Cllr Jan King wrote to Essex council that she was ‘very concerned’ about ‘pop pops’. Her email said: ‘Just imagine standing on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 September 2010 17:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Cubikrube

Mar 07

Cubikrube says:

Apologies for anyone lliving there but...

Just checked that out on Google maps and it's quite literally in the arse end of England, when there's no through route to anywhere places end up just being inbred, just like Barrow-in-Furness. She looks like she's the keeping it in the family kind tbh.

Great idea to go up there and create some noise, can't believe she's objected to something to protect her own financial interests...is that legal?

Reply to this Topic
Cubikrube

Mar 07

Cubikrube says:

Oh and another idea

You've got the number of her business so why not give her a call and rev your pop pop down the phone at her....would like her fax number too so i can send her a picture of what she is listening to. :)

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

i just mailed the bitch

http://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/TendringDC/Council/Councillors/councillorjking.htm

Address : The Shop Princes Esplanade Walton on the Naze Essex
Postcode : CO14 8PZ
Telephone : 01255 679904
Business : 01255 679904
Email : cllr.jking@tendringdc.gov.uk
Political Group : Tendring First
Ward : Walton

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

These days any business is good business, ask any kiosk owner. As a local councillor she should be supporting all who visit. You can always pass on a spare pair of ear plugs. She might need help on where she needs to put them.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

WTF is Tendring First ?

Sounds like some character out of "Blakes 7"

Reply to this Topic
manlow

Aug 02

manlow says:

Jan King

Yet another petty beurocrat with a 'voice'. Jan, please keep your neolithic, imbecilic comments to yourself. YOU of all people should be encouraging people to visit Walton! The place is dead on its feet as it is. 'Pop Pops' is a term a three year old would use!

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Poor atitude

If that is what council think then you guys take your pop pops elsewhere with your cash.I'm sure others will gladly have your custom

Reply to this Topic
stevekwak

Feb 10

stevekwak says:

she looks like a librarian, probably why she is upset about the noise lol

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

My letter of complaint

Dear lady with funny hair

i was lookin at the picturs in daddys  bike paper and saw your piccy. my daddy got a pop pop and takes me to Nazé essex and sometimes we have a lolly pop or a fizzy drink. i have been in your shop and it smells of old people if we cant park by the fizzy drink man where will we get our lollys.

i hope yor shop gets covered in poopoo

billy aged 8 1/2

Reply to this Topic
mrlayhey

Sep 10

mrlayhey says:

POP CRACKLE POP T*T!

God damm.

Quote ‘Just imagine standing on the pavement when a pop pop goes by… the noise is just for a second or two but very intense and annoying.’

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD BE IN THE RETIREMENT HOME WHERE YOU BELONG... TURN YOUR HEARING AID DOWN AND YOU WOULDN'T BE SO SHOCKED AND ALARMED.

Quote When MCN asked what a pop pop was, she said: “If you don’t know then I won’t tell you.”

Already forgotten what she is talking about typical example of memory loss.... Typical at her age..

GOD DAMM HAVEN'T YOU GOT ANYTHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR TIME, PERHAPS  TRY TO HELP OPEN NEW SCHOOLS OR TAKE DRUGS OF THE STREET.. NO YOUR WHINE ABOUT MOTORCYCLES.. THE VECHICLES ARE MORE ECONIMICAL THEN YOUR 4 WHEEL COUNTERPARTS,,, CHEAPERS,,,, MORE ECO FRIENDLY,,,, LOWER CARBON FOOTPRINT,,,, SAFE ENOUGH IN THE RIGHT HANDS,,,,, IT TAKES SKILL TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE SOMETHING WHICH YOU DONT HAVE THE BRAIN CAPACITY OR SKILL TO DO!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices