Skip to content

Discuss This Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Councillor blocks parking for ‘annoying pop pops’

Plans for bike parking spaces at a popular meeting place have been blocked by a councillor who calls motorcycles ‘pop pops’.   Proposals for motorcycle bays at the bike-friendly Central Kiosk in Walton on Naze, Essex, were blocked when Cllr Jan King wrote to Essex council that she was ‘very concerned’ about ‘pop pops’. Her email said: ‘Just imagine standing on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (17 September 2010 17:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gypsygav

Sep 10

gypsygav says:

Keep it coming

I have forwarded these details to my entire address book and as a resident with a pop pop I would appreciate any help in teaching a well known local moron that bikers can write!!! My own response is copied below:

Good Evening,

I am writing to you in your capacity as my representation to Tendring District Council as a Walton resident. I recently read that you had voiced objections to the proposal for motorcycle parking at the seafront kiosk in Walton and was disturbed by both the decision to object and the apparent lack of understanding of either the issue or the real world.

The parking bays would do little more than to help regulate the common practice of parking on the pavement, whilst I am aware that you have objected to this in the past you will be aware that this is perfectly legal. The use of the kiosk by bikers and the security that they gain by having their machines in view is of huge benefit to all of those that trade in the town, including yourself and it should be noted that the parking is a short term event with all machines removed with their owners.

There are other traders in the town that feel it is appropriate to blight the promenade with temporary structures that remain through all seasons, day and night making the town look tatty but then these. it would seem, are acceptable since a councillor is profiting from the eyesores.

Having shown local residents that you are out of touch with the town and its needs by apparently objecting to anything that your competitors may attempt in order to improve business you seem to have gone on , in national press, to show a complete absence of knowledge of the world around you. This blatant ignorance serves to belittle our town as your position means your views are seen as those of your constituents and we all appear to have a mental age of 5.

I am astounded that you feel, as a councillor, the term 'pop pop' has any place in an adult vocabulary, do you complain often about the mess on your ice cream vending caravans from the 'flap flaps' or being kept awake by neighbours 'woof woofs'? Do you expect anybody to take your self serving status seriously when you do not have a grasp of the English language? For heavens sake the proposal itself referred to 'Motorcycle bays' there was a clue in the title!

Your small minded, corrupt and ignorant term must surely end soon as those of us that depend upon tourism and support the few in the town that can be bothered to work hard at earning (sorry that may be an alien term to you) a living see what a nasty fool you are? Perhaps now that your childish and ignorant references have reached national media you yourself can become a tourist attraction as the source of ridicule that you have been for many years.

I, as a biker, will be advising as many of my fellow bikers (sorry would that be Pop Poppers to you?) that there is ample parking opposite the tatty caravan further along from the kiosk, I trust that you will listen out for the myriad of interesting sounds as you watch yet another segment of the tourism industry leave.

Reply to this Topic
gypsygav

Sep 10

gypsygav says:

help please

As said in previous post I am a local resident and like most am very pleased to see bikers welcomed in the town. Its great to see so many ride out and meet up at pauls kiosk and to be fair a sunny ride out to the coast rarely makes for a bad day does it? There is a strong and rapidly growing campaign against the corrupt and nasty piece of work that is Jan king, she has campaigned against local pubs, local children and local bikers to name a few! If you should visit the town its worth noting that the afore mentioned dragon provides a great opportunity to idly rev a bike, I myself gain a lot of pleasure from this past time. A long established local boycott of the shabby caravans has risen with renewed vigour of late and I for one eagerly anticipate the summer season and the opportunity to order multiple whipped ice creams before enquiring " is this Jan kings business?" and then declaring "sorry I heard she doesn't use real moo moo juice so I don't want them" As a born and bred biker I would like to appeal to all of you to continue to bombard this silly bitches email address and help a nice seaside town slay the firebreathing monster that trys to rule it!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices