Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards to partner Cal Crutchlow in 2011 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards to partner Cal Crutchlow in 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards to partner Cal Crutchlow in 2011

Colin Edwards has signed a new Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha deal at the Motorland Aragon track in Spain today. The Texan’s new contract means he will partner British rider and former World Supersport champion Cal Crutchlow in the 2011 MotoGP world championship. The 36-year-old has raced for Herve Poncharal’s Tech 3 squad since 2008 and during that period the popular American...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (19 September 2010 18:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I like Colin Edwards, in fact everyone likes Colin but I cant believe he has done enough to stop in MotoGP for another year.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

not a surprise, but he's definately one jammy fella getting another year in MotoGP.  i agree boybilly, the fella has been going backwards this year and has been comprehensively shown up by his team-mate.  surely this is one last hurrah for the likeable texan?

Reply to this Topic
topcat2002

Dec 08

topcat2002 says:

hope he gets a better bike, I'm sure i saw sum old JT, stickers on his yam??? lol

Reply to this Topic
spikymind

May 07

spikymind says:

He doesn't deserve it after this years showing.

He's done nothing except make up numbers this year and Spies has handed his arse to him.  JT got canned for similar results last year so I'm baffled why a rider at the end of his career and underperforming drastically gets another shot. Tech3 would be better off giving someone else a run.

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

I agree spiky! Money talks tho and I'm guessing that monster and yamaha usa's dollars are shouting out loud! On a ride by result basis he should be outta there after this season. Also i dont buy into tho whole idea about him being there to help Cal out either. I quite like CE but I think it's time to go!

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Waste of a ride

Edwards is a donkey. He ain't ever done shit in GPs. I remember his smug face when asked last year who his team mate would be and gloating - it won't be Toseland ( as he helped ease Spies into JTs slot )

Watch out Cal, this is one 2 faced mother...........

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Rossi - has the fire gone out ?

Whilst talking Yamaha riders does anybody else think that Rossi is losing interest ? He sems to get petulant when not undisputed Number 1 in a team with everything rotating around him and looks to be trundling back in after races with no positive body language. I reckon he will do just the 1 season at Ducati then go off rally driving - but then why not, he has won it all and has nothing left to prove in MotoGP so fair play to him if he does.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Edwards

Whats this long and successful career Edwards is talking about? He won WSBK on a honda and has done sod all on the yamaha . I think Rossi is burned out now , Ducati must be ruing the new contract or at least a little nervous about it, unless Vale is sandbagging?

Reply to this Topic
jonmx

Apr 09

jonmx says:

Rossi...

... riding injured.

Reply to this Topic
badgerthedog

Apr 04

badgerthedog says:

edwards

joke