Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi to miss end of season? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi to miss end of season?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi to miss end of season?

Valentino Rossi might miss the final two races of the MotoGP campaign in Estoril and Valencia to undergo surgery on his badly damaged right shoulder. Rossi hinted that he would opt for surgery after the forthcoming series of back-to-back flyaway races in Japan, Malaysia and Australia after he slumped to a frustrating and disappointing sixth place in Spain. The 31-year-old was never...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (20 September 2010 10:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

i lost interest when rossi was sidelined with a broken leg earlier this year, when is dorna going to realise that without rossi itll be boring as watching paint dry,why cant they just do away with all the electronics and put the rider back in charge of the machine, look how competetive moto 2 has been this year without the electronics, plus seeing moto 2 boys backing it in to the turns

Reply to this Topic
kaiser954rr

Apr 10

kaiser954rr says:

oh the poor lamb

Has the great one hurt himself? Does he need to have a rest? Is it all a bit much for him? Or could it be the others are trying that bit harder? You all seem to think Rossi is GP and without him it will all end. There are, at the last count, 15 other riders and half a dozen teams. I know they are not all at the pointy end but to treat Rossi as the only draw in GP is taking away the achievements of the other riders. He has done great things and I'm sure he isn't done yet but lets not forget the others. JL and DP are both on it and if BS had a better bike, I'm sure he would be up there. The electronics need to go. I think I might be able to ride these bikes (faster than Collin, who has done such great things Yam have given him an extra year to not win anything) A mere shadow of their former selves. And as for letting him go and play with the duke, NO WAY. He signed a CONTRACT and he needs to honour it. 'But he did this for yam and he did that for yam' but I'm pretty sure they paid him. And not a micky mouse amount either! Let the youth come through and all will be good...

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

two can play

if they have no intention of releasing him, then what do they expect. It's petty , well if millions and millions of marketing rights could ever be petty!

He is calling thier bluff.

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

no Loose Scenario

Do It

Reply to this Topic
HRCPoisondwarf

Sep 10

Who's the poor lamb?

Calm down Kaiser, I think you need to lie down before you hurt yourself. I would love to see you ride faster than Colin Edwards, or with a recently broken leg and busted shoulder. Rossi isn't the only draw in GP but he is the biggest draw by far. Did you bitch and moan when Stoner begged off for three races because of his 'mystery illness?' Don't be an armchair expert, shut-up and enjoy the spectacle like the rest of us and dont be so disrespectful of someone who has made MotoGP what it is today (yes he has, before you throw your toys out the pram again) and is a nine times world champion in five classes with three manufacturers. Write that on your CV, Mr 'I can ride as fast'. I'll be laughing for some time...

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

life moves on

"bluhaze" you're joking right?  I guess that you did not watch Aragon,,, only the best race of the season and ahh,,, was Rossi racing? I didn't notice. Oh well, The series will servive the last few races without him. And now it gets interesting as the Pedrosa and the mighty Honda close-in on Lorenzo and the gutless Yamaha. Admittedly, this season has been the crappiest in years,, mostly because, for a while, Dani and Jorge were the only riders who tried. Now Stoner, Spies and Hayden are looking to riun the party for one of the two contenders,, and Rossi? Get fixed,,Get well,, the series will be here when you decide to return..

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

King Rossi

So what if Rossi needs time off to get over his injuries; he has been for 15 years at the top of world level racing. Whatever happens next year; if he wins the title (most likely) wobbles round mid pack or retires, it doesn't matter, he is still the BEST RIDER THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN EVER, end of.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

The Unknown

It was a shame Rossi wasn't up there competing with the front runners but what a race!

Maybe this is what MotoGP needs - not more bikes or cheaper bikes but more circuits. They should chuck in a few unknown circuits every year!!!

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Rock and a hard place

If Rossi goes to have surgery , Yamaha will clear him to ride for Ducati on the Monday of the Valencia race ,probably knowing he will be recovering after the operation so he will not be able to. If Vale hangs around doing more damage to his buggered shoulder thinking Yamaha will release him to ride on the Monday of the Valencia test - I bet they do not release him. Vale is caught in catch 22.

Reply to this Topic
kaiser954rr

Apr 10

kaiser954rr says:

arm chair experts

In reply to HRCpoisondwarf, aren't we all arm chair experts? Only a few of us go to watch races and only a tiny amount have whats required to race so the arm chair is where 'we' make our informed choices and decisions. We only know what we read, hear and what we're told. And no, i probably can't ride as fast as Collin. You got me. The point was, pay attention, Collin is just making up numbers and Rossi needs to honour his commitments. Just my opinion and I made that by reading and listening and then thinking. Try it some time...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices