Skip to content

Discuss This How speed camera backers make cash from speed cameras General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > How speed camera backers make cash from speed cameras

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

How speed camera backers make cash from speed cameras

Organisations campaigning to save speed cameras receive income generated by the devices, MCN can reveal. The Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety, Road Safety GB and the AA issued a joint statement calling for cameras not to be sacrificed in Coalition spending cuts. Now MCN can disclose how each of those organisations receives income generated through camera use.   PACTS’ members, who fund...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 September 2010 13:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrils

May 06

Nostrils says:

RSS / SPECS

I wonder who are the real directors and shareholders of these companies....wouldnt surprise me that there is  link to a member of parlianment through a different family member....

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

What a huge pyramid of utterly useless jobsworths we are supporting with the tax we are robbed by speed camera`s. What a load of parasitic spongers !

NOW I can see why speed camera`s made no money paying the massive wages, expenses, huge annual bonuses and full pension schems of those shiney arsed blighters !

We got to pay all their wages hey lads ?

Tough at the top ? W***ers !

Reply to this Topic
snailblazer

Jan 04

snailblazer says:

Can somebody please explain to me ...

how the hell they get away with this, especially the RSS link with ACPO?

Is this not corrupt or perverting the coure of justice?

One rule for them and ...............

Reply to this Topic
davidh36

Aug 06

davidh36 says:

Well said Nostrils

I bet if MCN dug deep enough suprise suprise they would find that an M.P in the last Government is indeed linked to the "chair of the board" What we should do now is boycott membership of the AA and such like as Edumnd King seems to be supporting them.

Utter parasites the lot of them..................they should be outted for what they are daylight robbers.

Reply to this Topic
Harry44

Jun 07

Harry44 says:

the AA

I was an AA patrol for 25 years. When the AA was "privatised" Making money became more important than giving good service to our members.

So I left my beloved AA.

The AA started in 1905 to protect motorists from police speed traps. 

That they have sold out completely is no suprise. but is the cause of the deepest sadness to me.

Nearly a century of proud service has been thrown away for a quick buck.

Reply to this Topic
SiegerMotorsports

Sep 09

BULL

SHIT

As Public Enemy so rightly sang...

DONT BELEIVE THE HYPE

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

All we have left in the UK is this whole strata of these private companies/quangos/policy advisor groups/government advisors/sucking up to government groups;  who are all just PAPER PUSHERS and nothing else.

These paper pushing companies and groups do nothing productive or do anything of any real worth. UK Industry was killed off to be replaced by this strata of utterly useless groups who suck up to their government paymasters. All they do is whore it up to government. They do EFF ALL  to contribute to  the wealth of this nation or to help us recover from the recession. They have no shame !

Government whores and owned ! 

I remember the last time the AA spoke against bikers before the bike show at the NEC one year. The AA had a massive big yellow stand full of sales people trying to push membership and do you remember how NO ONE went on that stand all through the show ?

I would not pay my money to support the AA to speak out against motorcycles would you ?

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

is this really news

so does that mean if you are an AA member and have recieved a discount on membership you have also benefited from speed cameras.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Any Organisation

That puts money extortion before peoples lives deserves to be thoroughly investigated and brought to book.

All the companies in the above article should be ashamed for their dubious business practices which seem to almost border on fraud.

Reply to this Topic
JBMSolicitors

Sep 10

Just another tax

Speed cameras have not been proved to save any lives in any area. They simply make money for the councils who collect the fines and for the companies who build them. They are bought from council tax funds and from income tax contributions to each police force budget from the home office (49% & 51% respectively). Speed cameras are not accurate and not reliable. If you get a NIP then challenge it. Happy to help. JBM

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices