Skip to content

Discuss This BMW confirm Corser – Haslam and Toseland still waiting World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > BMW confirm Corser – Haslam and Toseland still waiting

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

BMW confirm Corser – Haslam and Toseland still waiting

BMW have finally confirmed the first rider in their 2011 WSB squad by announcing that two time world champion Troy Corser has re-signed. Corser has been with the project since it’s birth in 2009 and has played a pivotal role in the development of the impressive S1000RR. Corser said: "It was an easy decision for me to continue with a team...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 September 2010 09:06)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
marchwitty

Sep 10

marchwitty says:

Leon has a contract with Suzuki for next season and with what he has said over the season, he likes it where he is, why change.  If BMW want to buy him out that's their choice, I doubt they will do it.

Jame's is much more suitable for the BMW, he and Troy will make great team mates, both are chilled out off track, but on track always want to win.

Reply to this Topic
JP4Hire

Aug 03

JP4Hire says:

Haslam should get the ride, he has prooved his worth this year. Toseland has shown no magic this year, or last come to think of it. Not having too much karisma, I think his ego has given him a slight cloud.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

suzuki reducing efforts

If the info is correct the problem for Leon at Suzuki is that its not really a factory effort from next season. BMW are committed to the championship and will be a better option for next season. Leon has a contract at suzuki ,but BMW is a better ride next season. Things changeasbudgets are set and it would appear Leon will move if they can sort it out.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

Haslam and BMW very close

According to the Italian media, the deal with Haslam and BMW is pretty much done and delivered. Haslam apparently had a meeting earlier today with the big boys at BMW and Bata at Suzuki, is resigned to the fact that he is not able to keep Haslam due to a lack of factory support for the last part of this year and likely to be the same for 2011. In fact it looks like he is putting first dibs on Michele Fabrizio, who rode for his team in super stock. They are also saying Toseland is looking like heading back to Honda

Looks like Corser and Haslam at BMW and Fabrizio and Guintoli at Suzuki. Haga will ride an Aprila for DFX Corse who is joining up with Borciani and Pata racing and will be looking for a second rider for the other Aprilia, they are hinting at Badovini. They go on to say that Toseland's only real opportunity is at Honda partnering Rea, but all will hinge on Honda's new sponsor which is yet to be sured up. hmmmmmmm

Here is alink to the article you can use google to translate - not great but rough enough http://www.moto.it/Superbike/haslam-in-bmw-fabrizio-in-suzuki-haga-con-aprilia-borciani-dfx.html

I reckon it is shaping up as a great year Melandri and Laverty at Yamaha, Biaggi and Camier at Aprilia, Checa still at Althea, Rea and maybe Toseland at Honda

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

Suzuki

It's a shame that it has come to this...what're Suzuki playing at no hope in either series and now maybe losing the best development rider in WSBK, Haslam would be the perfect partner for Troy these 2 can get their heads around a machine for sure.  Toseland although two-time champion is not the guy for development I'm sorry to say.  Can he do better than Max at Honda it remains to be seen, but I don't seriously think he could do any worse.

Good luck Leon you helped put Suzuki back on the map for a season at least...

Reply to this Topic
fena

Sep 10

fena says:

sikis

sikiş  health  Oyun  Sağlık

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fena

Sep 10

fena says:

http://www.fenasikis.com

thanc my frends

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Suzuki let Leon Down

It appears that Suzuki have let Leon down with their factory effort and would explain their diminishing results in the latter half of the season. It seems that Britain's best rider at the peak of his career is been let down. The BMW is not a proven winner and Suzuki look like they don't care. Leon should of got the Tech 3 ride over Cal C in MOTO GP.

Reply to this Topic
marchwitty

Sep 10

marchwitty says:

airbornetrooper

I wouldn't say Leon was the best development rider in WSBK.

Corser owns that title along with Max Biaggi.  Whatever happens, all riders in WSBK deserve great bikes, the talent is there, but some appear to be also ran's because of their bikes not being factory supported.

As for Suzuki not developing the bike's both in MotoGP and WSBK, one has to wonder whether it's the economic climate. 

Reply to this Topic
v1nn1e

Jan 09

v1nn1e says:

BMW based on Suzuki?

OK, so they're probably very different bikes now but there is some link between them from BMW's original development process, hence taking Haslam on-board makes a lot of sense.

I guess they were waiting on Haslam's decision with JT as the back-up plan...?

JT strikes me as someone who doesn't work well when there are high expectations on him to perform, e.g. 2nd year at Ducati when he was champ and 2nd year at Tech3... and then he put himself under pressure by building up expectations for this year with Sterilgarda, which was probably not the best move! Anyway, if he goes to a lower-profile team and everyone writes him off, he may bounce back.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices