Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki sketch confirms new GSX-R600 and 750 styling New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Suzuki sketch confirms new GSX-R600 and 750 styling

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Suzuki sketch confirms new GSX-R600 and 750 styling

Leaked drawings of the new look 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 and GSX-R750 were revealed in MCN at the start of August and these official Suzuki illustrations prove they were genuine – they’re all but identical.  Factory insiders say the bikes have a minor engine tweak, some styling changes and a new frame. The new 600, which will be launched alongside an...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (22 September 2010 09:25)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

aphmitchell

I don't mind a bit of banter on here but I would suggest you stop with the insults or risk getting your account deleted. This is your absolute final warning.

We really don't have to put up with people being rude to MCN staff or anyone else on our own website.

If you knew me, which you don't in any way whatsoever, you would know there is no one in life less likely to spout 'marketing speak' than me. I was merely pointing out that MCN works hard to be correct about new bike news in all areas and does a good job too.

I appreciate there are other websites out there...I just don't believe any of them offer anything better than what MCN does.

If you want to discuss this you can call me direct on my office line: 01733-468011 or email me at andy.downes@motorcyclenews.com. I am not in the office today as I am working elsewhere but please feel free to contact me if you wish.

Regards

Andy Downes

MCN

Reply to this Topic
mick4188

Aug 09

mick4188 says:

Well Said

Well said Andy.  Love the paper and love the website.  Most people on forums do not offer constructive views/criticism but just enjoy venting their spleen on non issues.  Personally I am not a GSX-R owner/rider but I always believe "if it is not broke then don't fix it".  A few tweaks here and there can only enhance an established and fantastic bike IMHO.  Keep up the good work.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

gsxr

all gixer 750 sa re great it is an awesome bike

even as a gixer man i wish K5 owners would bog off, the K5 1000 was a good bike in its time but it had a lot of shortcomings and it has had it s day

all the 1000s are very usable and look great and i have tried them all

but their is only one that can beat the 750 ats its own game as the best middleweight balance between 600/ 1000

that is the CBR1000 Fireblade, never been a fan of Honda or Blades in the past

but the 08 onwards bike is way ahead of its time well done Honda

good luck suzuki with this new model, but it will not be ground breaking like the CPC R1 or the Blade

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Let's be fair about this.

Compared to the R6 and Z6 the poor old gixer can’t compete on the style front.

I love the razor sharp angles of the new breed of Yamahas and Kawasakis but this is the usual bland, boring, Suzuki offering. No thanks.

Reply to this Topic
bouncerbeater

Aug 02

Yawn ! looks the sames as all the others, bout time Suzuki took a risk with their design once in a while

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

Same old, same old.....

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Dull dull dull,same slightly revamped styling with ever bigger exhaust. I agree that the R6 styling which is now 4 years old is sharper than this rubbish.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Yawn....wouldn't swap my Enfield Bullet for one lol

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Fastguy1976

Hey youth, I'm certainly no squid if 1976 is your DOB then I'm older and I've been riding on the road since 16:tongue:. Minor points though.

You say they are race bikes 1st. You are wrong, they are road bikes 1st then they get turned into race bikes. There are few pure race bikes these days, Moto GP (all classes) are race bikes 1st. All BSB & WSBK are road bikes 1st, they need to be to get homologation to race after.:mellow:

For me, someone who cannot ride like Guy Martin on the roads the styling means a bit. All the 1000cc bikes perform way beyond what I  can use or need on the roads so styling comes into it as I like a bike that looks good IMO. Despite this fact you think the Suzuki GSXR that is currently 2nd in WSBK and 1st In BSB championships is doing  so well because it was derived from a road bike with a full fairing!! :roll eyes::shock:

keep up the good work MCN, we need the scoop reports.:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

I work in the photographic industry, and it's exactly the same. Make the new camera a bit sleeker and a bit faster with more pixels, knowing that 99% of users won't use it to a fraction of its capability, but they think it will make them better photographers!

James Toseland would beat 99% of GSXR/Blade/R1/ZX10 riders on a track riding a CB500...

We are all victims of consumer envy (apart from those that compete at national/world level). Doesn't matter how much faster/lighter/electronically controlled the new bikes are, we all buy 'em cos it makes us all experts and makes us feel more in tune with what makes the perfect track bike.

It's all bollocks. Admit it! If we could all enjoy the bikes we have and learn their limits, it would be far more rewarding than the constant "gotta have the latest model" crap we all suck up as consumers. If we didn't, every bike mag (including MCN) would be irrelevant. The Journo's will tell you how much better it feels than last year's model 'cos it is 1kg lighter and has 0.5 bhp more than last years. If they didn't and said "it really feels exactly the same as last year's model" we wouldn't buy it

Time to watch Romero's 1978 classic "Dawn Of The Dead" again and calm down a bit I think (talking about ME...)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices