Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki sketch confirms new GSX-R600 and 750 styling New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Suzuki sketch confirms new GSX-R600 and 750 styling

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Suzuki sketch confirms new GSX-R600 and 750 styling

Leaked drawings of the new look 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 and GSX-R750 were revealed in MCN at the start of August and these official Suzuki illustrations prove they were genuine – they’re all but identical.  Factory insiders say the bikes have a minor engine tweak, some styling changes and a new frame. The new 600, which will be launched alongside an...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 September 2010 09:25)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Wings

I think you will find that the manufacturers designing the latest supersport and superbikes do initially design them as and with racing in mind. So basically..... they would have been designed as a racebike first.

Do you seriously think they spend millions of yen designing a road bike, then think, 'hmmmmm, I wonder if its gonna be good enough on the track to win races'..... Course they dont

Racing is where their product is out there, in front of the public, self advertising.  If it does crap on the track, then punters may be put off, if it does well, then punters take interest.  The bikes you buy from the shop would have been in race trim doing 100's of miles on a test track to see the potential they have come race day. Then, the lights, road ancilliaries and cheaper components would be bolted on for the bike to go on sale and be homologated. (obviously after testing and fine tuning)

They cannot afford to make a bike that is predominately good on the road, but impossible to get up to speed on the track, it just wouldnt be worth their while.

Look at Kawasaki now with the new ZX10... No one has even seen the roadbike, although Kawasaki are quite happy for the press and public to see the racebike they have been testing for 2011.

So....the race bikes do not derive from a roadbike with a full fairing.... The road bikes are derived from racebikes. Just made softer and more practical for us mere mortals.

On a different note.... The new suzuki 600 & 750. F*ckin boring!! Yet again!!!

Reply to this Topic
fastguy1976

Mar 08

fastguy1976 says:

Wings

Holy shit Wings! 1372??  You must be a gawdamn vampire!  But to reiterate what what Fuzz says; there is a difference between a standard street bike that carries the same basic design for a decade compared to a supersport that typically has a total and complete overhaul every couple years. Or 2-4 years depending on budget/economy.  The reason for this frequent changing of design is to be more competitive the next RACE season and to WIN THE RACE.  Duh!  Sorry Farty.  These are the facts.  And Suzuki needs to step it up.  Raced the 2005 suzuki.  And the 2006 Suzuki.  I favored the 05 for riding positioning.  Suzuki needs to step it up. They're just lucky to have some talented racers right now.

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Road or Race?

Interesting points regarding race bikes or road bikes first. Fuzzrrr has a point but I'm not so sure that the buying public more convinced by racing or by magazines. Take the BMW 1000 - it's become an immediate best seller and did so before it made any impact on the racing scene simply because every publication raved about it. Look at Suzuki's - they still sell well but are generally nowhere on track, with the exception of Haslam's efforts this year - and it still won't win. Kawasaki's sell by the shed load - when did they win anything? They're not even in the MotoGP and are always also-rans in the WSB. I reckon most people buy a bike for a few simple reasons. The bike looks good, magazines tell you it's good and probably most importantly, the price is within reach. If we all relied on racing for our choices we'd be riding Ducati's and Aprilia's. As for bikes being designed for the track, then the road? Nonsense. A pure track bike would be a MotoGP one. A bike that is going to work on the road primarily has to meet major country rules and regulations first or they would not be allowed to be sold. An engine that has to survive a few track sessions is a world apart from a bike that has to be ridden at half load over a period of many years. Fairings for the track don't need lights. It's going to be a damn sight easier making a race bike out of a road bike than the other way around.

Reply to this Topic
AFKAN

Apr 07

AFKAN says:

I'm with bouncerbeater

"Bland" I think that word sums it up perfectly for me.  Suzuki are just playing safe slightly tinkering with an already established brand.  Shame...

Reply to this Topic
veyron1001

Sep 10

veyron1001 says:

Looks like they took a 2009 gsxr with clay body work and ran it in a wind tunnel.

Reply to this Topic
CBRemy

Sep 10

CBRemy says:

I hope it will be something nice, I liked the old Gixxers more (k5-k7) then the last version.

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

nice body

looks very nice and would be a great head turner 

im not a huge GSX fan but this bike looks the bees knees

Reply to this Topic
Vee_Crunchy

Dec 05

Vee_Crunchy says:

Not ground breaking, but it certainly is the best looking GSXR600/750 version starting from K6. Imho suzukis conservative aproach to GSXR styling could be forgiven for one reason alone, and that is they are the only manufacturer to bring 750cc superbike. That thing is a total blast to ride, I enjoyed much more than 08 CBR1000.

What I really hope they sorted out however are flimsy frame welds. Seen too many of them snapped without serious reason. Is that so difficult to solve?

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Looks like every Gixxer from the last 6-7 years, come on suzuki!! you have an awesome 1000cc motor, and then the 750 just move your game on with the looks...everybody else has.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices