Skip to content

Discuss This Video review: Ducati 848 Evo v Yamaha R6 v Triumph 675 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video review: Ducati 848 Evo v Yamaha R6 v Triumph 675

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video review: Ducati 848 Evo v Yamaha R6 v Triumph 675

Ducati's new 848 Evo has taken the supersports category to new heights. But can the 140bhp twin match the amazing Triumph 675 triple or Yamaha's screaming four-cylinder R6?   Video: Ducati 848 EVO world first review Watch the video to find out: http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1119137831http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By use of this code snippet, I agree to the Brightcove Publisher T and C //...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 September 2010 10:08)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Tis a bit silly really trying to compare a triumph to a ducati !!

Reply to this Topic
A82A87

Sep 10

A82A87 says:

Suggestion

How about adding £3K worth of mods to the Triumph and the R6.  It would be a fairler test after that.

Reply to this Topic
aphmitchell

Jan 08

aphmitchell says:

GSXR 750

Surely a GSXR 750 would have been a good addition to this test...

It would have been faster.... Cheaper.... Great Handling to boot!

I think you got your sentence round the wrong way Neeves... ' £10.5K is great value for this bike ' Should have been "£10.5k is alot of money for such a bike"

I guess you guys are trying to get in there early before the Rossi Ducati extravagansa!!! ;-)

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

Not real world

Written from a Journo's perspective the 848 Evo is the 'best.'  Its the most fun and technically advanced.  On the roads in good old Blightly it will probably be unusable.  Proved by the fact the reviewer actually wanted to ride the R6 back! 

Reply to this Topic
MCNJohnWestlake

Dec 09

Test bikes

Just to clear up a few points... - The reason there was no GSX-R750 was because to get a world first group test we piggy-backed a Pirelli tyre test. Unfortunately, Pirelli didn't bring a GSX-R, but we thought it would an interesting test all the same. We'll pit the Evo against a GSX-R soon. - The reason we tested it against the 675 was that in our sportsbike test last year, the Triumph cleaned up - even beating the best litre bikes overall. In the full story in this week's paper, the 675 does indeed surprise the testers on road. - It's also worth pointing out that when Neevesy says the Evo is great value, there is some substance to that. At £10,500 the Ducati is £1500 cheaper than an R1, for example, and will depreciate far slower than Japanese bikes. Ok, so it's not exactly cheap, but you can see where he was coming from...

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Big fan of Ducati. However to say it is good value because it is £1500 cheaper than an R1 is illogical. That is like saying a Landrover Freelander is cheaper than a Discovery. IMHO ducati's depreciiate slower because they do fewer miles. I can understand the 748 and 749 in 600 company but the 848 is what the GSXR 750 is to the GSXR 600 and GSXR 1000. Way faster than the 600 and only slightly slower than the 1000.

It will be interesting to see if they get the go ahead or possibility to go supersport racing with the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
afy300

Sep 10

afy300 says:

GOOD job CAMERAMAN/EDITOR

just want to say... good job to the cameraman/editor....NOW...MCN.....your videos are in a more professional manner in comparison to the other garbage in the past. good stuff.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Jesus,

Guys, cant you keep this simple and just accept what Neevesy is trying to say. I really like this guy, hes genuine and is clearly into his biking. He rides the bikes and in my opinion gives his own honest views about their good and bad points. I dont think ducati need mcn to assist them in a head to head or sales battle with any other particluar bike. £10.5k - great value. End of. He was talking about the 848 evo on its own, and he clearly thinks that its worth every penny of the £10.5k. That was all ! Good night !..................... F me !!

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Really top little film

Yeah - well done MCN. The quality of this is top-notch. It's well put together, nicely presented, and the sound is waaaay better than films of yore. I don't know who you are getting to do these little thingamy-jigs, but your production team deserve a pat on the back. The only request is that you'd included the Gixer 750 in the lineup, but that's just a personal thing - I'd love to know how it butts up against the 848.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

I remember hearing something along the lines of: I'll be fighting for the keys of the Yamaha for the ride back.

But according to the result of the test it's the worst bike?

Doesn't compute.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle