Skip to content

Discuss This Video review: Ducati 848 Evo v Yamaha R6 v Triumph 675 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video review: Ducati 848 Evo v Yamaha R6 v Triumph 675

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video review: Ducati 848 Evo v Yamaha R6 v Triumph 675

Ducati's new 848 Evo has taken the supersports category to new heights. But can the 140bhp twin match the amazing Triumph 675 triple or Yamaha's screaming four-cylinder R6?   Video: Ducati 848 EVO world first review Watch the video to find out: http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1119137831http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By use of this code snippet, I agree to the Brightcove Publisher T and C //...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 September 2010 10:08)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ladfromaus

Jun 08

ladfromaus says:

@rlf3

I believe he wants the R6's keys because after a hard day one would want the most comfortable bike, which he says the R6 is. That computes just fine for me. Each to their own interpretation I guess.

Reply to this Topic
Goonabz

Feb 09

Goonabz says:

Rubbish

When you guys at MCN actually go back to carrying out some real bike comparisons (cos this is definitely NOT) on and off the track that actually mean something then maybe they'll be worth reading about and watching.

Why do you have to keep on insulting our intelligence with these meaningless tests.

Reply to this Topic
markt595

Feb 06

markt595 says:

Unfair

As is said the Duke is more or less a superbike and certainly is a superbike price! For that sort of wonga I think an R1 would be in my shopping list which would blow the Duke away. Why not compare it to the GSXR750?

Reply to this Topic
Richard T

Aug 07

Richard T says:

Chalk versus cheese?

What's the point?

So the most expensive bike with the biggest engine is 'best'? (even though it's too focussed and uncomfortable to ride for long on the road.)

And they had to go all the way to Sicily to find that out?

Reply to this Topic
LaughMuBai

Sep 07

LaughMuBai says:

Old Nags!

It's funny, MCN at their cost publish a video for us to see (that means FREE) sharing their preference after riding the bikes in a place that is their choice (I would have chosen Italy too :`) and what they get is a bunch of old women winging how they would or wouldn't have done it, yet none of them have cared to share a FREE link to their own video review at their expense.

Don't mind the Nags MCN....keep the FREE videos coming...

PS. Can I come to Italy with you next time? ;`)

Reply to this Topic
gavinfdavies

Aug 09

gavinfdavies says:

it seems a valid comment that the 848 evo is getting closer to traditional superbike size (although the dry mass in the paper seems alot lower than the supersports machines).

I would personally love to see a similar specced bike with a more supersport capacity, especially if there was a further weight loss, then a 696 engine of this quality should place it more in the supersport category.

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

Whining

Agree with LaughMuBai... what a bunch of whiners. Would you prefer a boring test in the UK, with crap weather, and a couple of boring bikes? How else do you compare something that is not "in a class" and who said the racing derived 600cc and 1000cc classes are all we should look at in sports bike terms.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle