Skip to content

Discuss This Euro MoT threat General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Euro MoT threat

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Euro MoT threat

Motorcyclists face roadside MoT-style inspections and restrictions on fitting accessories under proposals from Brussels. The UK’s MoT system will be replaced with a new Europe-wide roadworthiness inspection regime under the plans. As well as roadside spot checks just for bikes, the European Commission is proposing:  • Compulsory tests whenever a vehicle has been in an accident, changed owners or been modified...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 September 2010 11:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RichardofMAG

Jun 10

RichardofMAG says:

I know its abit late now but MAG informed its members who have registered for email a good week before mcn published the news and MAG via its FEMA membership is fighting this hard in the eu parliment. One way to get the news early is join MAG and sign up for its email alerts.

Reply to this Topic
Slarty Bart Fast

Aug 02

You know where this is going join MAG

If you get the feeling that there seems to be more and more draconian rules some aimed at bikers well your right the abortive adoption of the pathetic bike test is a prime example, which one of us voted that in? Its a fact many more laws get passed than repealed and having a crowd of faceless wonders in Brussels needing to justify their existence just makes the situation worse. Put put yourself in their shoes, they are tasked with reducing road injury "costs" bikes are a soft target, easy to segregate is easy to control. How the hell can a car driving Euro MP relate to the experience of riding a bike, think about it, no seat belts, no crash protection, an honest answer from any car driver is we are mad. We know we are taking a calculated risk, we know life is varying levels of risk and we have freedom of choice and in my experience a bike rider is likely to have a refreshing zeal for life and out the box thinking, surly things to encourage. To stem the tide of the hidden anti bike lobby we have to have a presence at the heart of the problem in Brussels....I can't be there but being a MAG member I like to think Im helping to continue the fight for all out interests.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

I'd be interested in joining MAG/BMF...

...but where were they when the Euro bike test was introduced?

Reply to this Topic
garycorfield

Sep 11

garycorfield says:

My Rights

How will all these new rules affect our human rights to ride our bikes, if they add all these new rules some people will NOT be able to pay the extra costs and might have to sell their bikes, How can some ****head in Brussel's tell us what we can and can't do, THIS IS ENGLAND once a proud country,now it is a dumping ground for everyone else shit. When did ENGLAND lose it's backbone....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices