Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to set up Moto2 team in 2011 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to set up Moto2 team in 2011

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi to set up Moto2 team in 2011

Valentino Rossi has launched a bid to become a team owner in the 2011 Moto2 world championship. MCN understands Rossi will help fund the project with lifelong friend Uccio Salucci installed as boss of the Italian legend’s new Grand Prix venture. MCN sources claimed Rossi was in negotiations with Eskil Suter at the Motorland Aragon race last weekend about a chassis deal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (22 September 2010 12:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chinoV

Feb 09

chinoV says:

ROSSI

If rossi indeed will be a team owner next year i won't be suprise seeing rossi testing the bike to give a feedback or should i say the develop the bike for his riders..

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

natural when though?

Natural when youve finished your riding career or are finishing at the end of the season. If i was his pay masters at Ducati and had just given him a huge contract to ride for me i'd be wanting answers right now.

If  its just him using his name to front a team for his boyfriend sorry mate to run, well  fair do's but its still gotta  be a distraction.

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

Rossi 2011 - and beyond!

Distraction? My a*se! This Moto 2 team will take a very clear 2nd place to his Moto GP challenge. Let's not forget we're talking about THE most professional and successful rider on the planet; arguably the greatest ever. You can bet your pension that he will turn out on the Ducati in 2011 fully fit, supported again by his loyal and equally professional team, seriously motivated to beat Yamaha and especially Lorenzo and working towards laying his hands on a 10th World title, and taking Agostini's GP win record.

I'm unashamedly a Rossi fan (though not to the exclusion of other riders) and would strongly recommend that writing him off as a spent force at 31 is a big mistake. His Moto 2 involvement can only be good news. 

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

oxonjohn

I sincerely hope your right, im a big rossi fan too and would dearly love to see him flying on the Duke next season taking his 10th title plus Ago's record.  His got his hands full to achieve either though as the competition is fierce for next year with the Yamaha and Honda line ups looking strong (if dani and stoner dont ruin it for themselves)

Its a strange move though starting your own team when your supposed to be entering the next big challenge of your career .When a footballer becomes a player manager you know halfway through the season they'l hang there boots up and end up managing full time.

Its got to be a worry to all Rossi fans how Valeys riding at the moment, he's not super human and many a brillant riders career has been ended by a cruel injury. The shoulder could be alot worse than its been realised and setting up your own time is abit of an obminous sign.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

uccio

this is a great opportunity for his friend as he`s probably never had a job apart from giving rossi a drink of water and wiping his visor.....he looks like a spare part in the garage on eurosport.......if i`m wrong please point it out.......i should think this will give his working life some meaning......unless he has been doing negotiations for rossi all these years and i don`t know about it.......good luck mate

Reply to this Topic
TLRR

Jul 09

TLRR says:

I am very satisfied that Andrea Iannone will ride for His team.I think Iannone is the most talented rider since Valentino.He rides fantastic.Some errors during some races he has made so far is a result of lack of experience but in some period of time he will take the crown in Moto GP.Rossi knows what he does.

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

sounds great..

All of the top riders have had a constant companion by their side.Be it a father,mother,wife,manager.VR has  his chilhood friend Uccio.In his world full of people blowing smoke up his arse,what better leveller than a best mate to talk to when flying to the 4 corners of the earth? If you dont think that has helped him become as good as he has, your a fool.

Uccio has seen how teams run at the highest level.What riders need to do there job well.All the finance and engineering will be dealt with by others.Most of all rossi trusts him.What more could you want from someone running your moto2 team.

Bring it on i say.just wish they would drop the control engine in the class.Would keep a control ECU though.

Reply to this Topic
rustique

Apr 09

rustique says:

Moto2 rossi 2011

News yes Big news no ..... First of all he is not the only one in the MotoGP paddock that has his own team . Our own Bradley has his own team and paid for , say it in BSB 125 support races in which he already at this tender age gives young riders the change of getting the experience needed. Secondly obviously it gives his live long friend a purpose and reason to be in the paddock nextyear , more then likely not to be involved in the Ducati garage  as not wanted . Thirdly and formost Rossi as many rider is running a bussiness and for that he most start making costs (and we all know that a team does not make any profit what so ever ) e.a as an offset towards the millions he is making out of MotoGP , sponserships and marketing (under advice of his accountant team ) so in the future he doesnt get stung heavily by the taxman ..... remember his out of court settlement of 28 milion quid to the taxman about 2 year back . And afcourse their is no better way for him obvious then  what he is doing. If Vale was to retire he will have a purpose in life to be involved in the circus called MotoGP on his own back and not as an ambassedor for some specific motorcycle make ( e.a. what Yamaha had in mind before the switch) so pls wake up all and when things like this happen think about the bigger picture . In sport it happens all the time and a few examples here now Tennis schools for Nadal and football academies for Beckham all partly because they like the sport but also a money matter ....

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

I think its a pretty cool gesture by valentino to his best mate after years of dedicated service.  He's giving him a chance to shine in his own right.  Plus...who wouldn't want to ride for valentino.  With his best bud running things,  you know vale would be wandering in all the time...hey boss, got any tips on how to go around a corner fast?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle