Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph leaks new 2011 Speed Triple by mistake New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph leaks new 2011 Speed Triple by mistake

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Triumph leaks new 2011 Speed Triple by mistake

Triumph has accidentally unveiled its 2011 Speed Triple on the Triumph Accessories website ahead of the official launch next week. There is no official information about the machine but from the pictures it’s clear the iconic naked bike has been given a complete makeover to include new lights, new lighter cast alloy chassis, new wheels, swingarm and clocks. Find a used Triumph...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 September 2010 15:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

they had a Daytona 955 and those didnt sell nearly as well as the Daytona 675...Stop looking behind and look ahead :)

Reply to this Topic
nikosstylianou

Sep 03

NO MISTAKES

This is just like a pole for the new model, no mistakes happen like that..............

Reply to this Topic
LeKLE

Sep 10

LeKLE says:

Comment faire de la pub sans le dire ...

How to make advertizing without saying it…

Le KLE

http://la.tiger.a.kle.free.fr/

Reply to this Topic
elefantman

Nov 03

elefantman says:

headlights yuk

What is the obsession with putting weird shaped headlights on bikes these days? The bug-eyed round headlight look of the old Speed Triple looked great. If anything these angular lights just tone it down and make it look a Jap bike with the fairing missing. Ditto the Monster, Ducati took a wonderful timeless design with that awesome big round roadster headlight and turned it into a plasticky over-gimmicked piece of shit.

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Hmmmmm???

Why in one picture does it have two under seat exhausts then in another picture, it has a single sided low level can...... Is it just advertising a four into one race system or is it a cock up?? hmmmmmmm...

Also, I think the speed triple is a stunning bike and they get better with every updated version that is released! For the record (not that it matters to you's) i love the new lights and the more modern styling, It has to do this to keep up with the other more modern looking naked's on the market!! Cant wait to see it in the flesh!!

Reply to this Topic
TerentiusM

Jul 10

TerentiusM says:

Top fairing

I hope they make it available with the option of a proper top fairing as on Fazers. Then I'd really consider it.

Reply to this Topic
theMaskedAvenger

Jun 10

@Minty Fresh, the low level can is an option (notice it's got an Arrow badge on it), the underseat cans are standard. The new headlamps look really nice, interested in the 20Kg weight saving as well.

Reply to this Topic
jhandley

Aug 10

jhandley says:

Love Triumphs, owned 5, including my current Sprint.  Always hated the bug-eye look of the Speed/Street Triple.  This looks like a huge and better update which was overdue.  The Speed Triple was looking very dated, even with its quirky looks.  Hope they transfer the look to the Street Triple as well!  (Yes, I know its only my opinion!).  Seems that with this and the new Adventure 800 that Triumph have taken a few leaps forward. I really hope it works for them.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

New Triumphs

I dont know why ppl are so quick to dismiss the new bikes that Triumph have brought to the market.

Granted all this photo mumbo jumbo be it leaked or not - it has us talking, mission accomplished so ?

Anyway, the new Triumphs are tasty enough and being a Honda man i would be tempted to buy one - 800 Tiger as i tried the current triple and was not for me, i wet out and bought another mid range honda instead. But the tiger could fit the bill as a hack to work and two up touring.

Moving onto the new triple, these will be big sellers in Europe as the market for the naked bike range is significant so Triumph may well join BMW & Ducati with good sales in the hard times, we'll see.

Top job (so far) by Triumph, i am liking what i see and what little i have heard re bike specs.

:wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@Banzai

By the way, Triumph have had the biggest growth in market in the past year, so I don't think they want to join Duc and BMW, they want to keep selling more and more...and with their new models, thats just what theyll do.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices