Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph leaks new 2011 Speed Triple by mistake New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph leaks new 2011 Speed Triple by mistake

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Triumph leaks new 2011 Speed Triple by mistake

Triumph has accidentally unveiled its 2011 Speed Triple on the Triumph Accessories website ahead of the official launch next week. There is no official information about the machine but from the pictures it’s clear the iconic naked bike has been given a complete makeover to include new lights, new lighter cast alloy chassis, new wheels, swingarm and clocks. Find a used Triumph...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 September 2010 15:15)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

speed triple

It's funny how people are wanting to change the looks of the Speedy. Nothing wrong with the new headlights but I prefer the classic look of the round ones.

I would struggle to find a reason to change my 05 model for the new one. I would be hit with a £4k difference for a Street Triple chassis, a few kilos less, new lights and improved suspension (unofficially). None of which bother me with my 05 model. I think I'll wait until the 1200 motor from the Adventure finds its way into the Speedy genes. I really hope Triumph bring back the daytona red colour for the Speedy though. The 1050 SE looked superb in red.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

To those that want a 1200cc, just change the sprocket and you'll be pulling off power wheelies in 2nd gear and even maybe in 3rd gear with the 20kg less (depending where the weight was saved). That 1050cc engine is simply brilliant and this version should make around 140HP and probably 70% of the torque starts at around 2500 RPM. Maybe look at the Vmax or B-King if cc's is what counts for you.

Reply to this Topic
clem71

Feb 10

clem71 says:

It will be media hell next year

Now I dont want to slate the Speed or the Street T, as I have never had one. Got a CB1000R and really dont want to change it...... But god help us next year if and when  the new Trumpet comes out, every single magazine and paper  will be filled with it, and it will last for months, How it thrashes every NAKED, (when simply it doesn't),  I got sick of it! yeah its a decent bike and cracking engine, and best of all its BRITISH!!!! but I really hope the mags n MCN dont go over the top AGAIN.

If thats what they reckon,  or the rumour of it having 140bhp, and a diet, it WILL be up there with the FAT B KING, & the Honda CB1300 for torque low down....thats where all the laughs are!

You SPEED T fans will be loving every minute of it.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

speedo007

Looks like Jack Lilley are gearing themselves up for for the 2011 model

http://www.jacklilley.com/new_motorcycles.asp     then select the speed triple 1050 2011 model option.

Not sure where the figure of 20kg weight saving came from, the article says there's a weight saving of 5kg which sounds more realistic.

The 1050 engine is great but after owning both the 955 and 1050, I'll wait until a 1200 model appears (if it does)   Not keen on either  a VMax or Bking - just love my speedy    :)

Vmax or B king? Naagh rather hang on to my Speedy  for a while.

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

Now if only BMW would launch a naked S1000RR..

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@clem71

I've never been very loyal to only one brand, Ive had Yamahas, Kawasakis, Triumphs, tried CB919, BMWs, 2-strokes, 4-strokes, single piston, inline fours, twin paralleles, inline 3s. If I could afford it I'd probably have about 10 bikes from Adventure models to super sport, from many brands, parked in my garage. This being said, until you actually try a Speed Triple you can't understand why it often comes out on top in comparisons. Yes british tend to love their bikes more then anything else, but Im not british so I don't care if it's japanese or british. The sound, the character, the power delivery, the handling, its simply BRILLIANT. Yes some naked bikes are more powerful, faster, but it doesnt mean they are better!

I've read so many posts in forums of people that never tried it and had a GSXR or CBRS and once they had tried it, they just couldnt beleive how fun the Speedy was. Find a dealer to try it out, and then let us know what you think.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

Let's get this straight a company the size of triumph do not accidentally leak photo's of new products.They release them slowly to gauge feedback from magazines and potential customers. In the same way Ducati rode their monster monster past someone with a camera a few weeks ago.It's called free publicity.  

Reply to this Topic
ChrisNewbigging

Jun 06

Leak

Just to clear this up - this is a genuine cock-up on Triumph's part. You'll notice the link no-longer works, and judging from Triumph's reaction when we asked them about it, they're not best pleased with whatever problem/whichever person led to the catalogue ending up online. Just a shame they didn't manage to accidentally publish the full bike really! Chris Newbigging, Senior Reporter.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@ChrisNewbigging

I wouldnt expect them reacting any other way if they want to continu to make it look as a "mistake". Oups! There goes free publicity, we feel SO bad about it...

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Hope they give it and the new 800 Tiger a sensible seat height or at least adjustment, then a lot more short arses like me are likely to buy it! Had enough of balancing on tiptoes!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle