You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Mugello 2011

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

marrabird

Sep 10

marrabird says:

Mugello 2011

Right, im thinking of mugello june 2011, italian on itallian bike in italy...should be good. So got the blackbird, lady on the back and sorting the luggage out. Looking at the maps to work a good route out...any good ideas with decent stopovers?...goning down to calias tuesday night, early train over then take two days to get there, possibly stay in florence and get train / bus to track, two days back...any advice or experience greatly appreciated. Paul :wink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 September 2010 15:25)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bossmanjay

Jun 10

bossmanjay says:

Mugello 2011

You will love it. If you have the time take 4 days to get there and use D roads in France down to Grenoble. Then the N85 to Grasse and the Riviera. Travel the Autoroute thru France to Pisa, Italy and onto Florence. Mugello is not far from Florence so you should be able to find good accommodation. Try Moto-Express tours for a weekend package, they are pretty good and look after you. Brill!!!! best GP in Europe.

Reply to this Topic
tamyam

Aug 10

tamyam says:

Mugello 2011

Hi I don't think the dates are confirmed as yet but want I would get in touch with a company called Toursareus they are official MotoGP people in the UK thats your best shot. I find them very heplfull

Reply to this Topic
philthewindsurfer

Aug 02

stuff

I'd say spend an extra day traveling each way and spend less time on of the motorways. I went out via Le Puy en Velay/Ardeche/Gap. Came back via Montgenevre/Briancon.

Florence is a very nice city. Still some reasonably priced hotels going on www.booking.com. The cenre of the city is a maze of old streets with one hell of a one-way system. My advice is pick a hotel on the edge of the triangle which forms the boundary of the old city, 1 side being the river, the other 2 sides the road. Click on this, you'll get the idea.
http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/leonardo-da-vinci.html?sid=393d8786b2d583bc7cbda9dab9fd0d5e#map

Getting in/out of the track can be a nightmare. I would go on the bike, getting a bus could take forever. Cant remember there being a train to the circuit.

Reply to this Topic
ricoshay

Jul 04

ricoshay says:

mugello

went last year and it was awesome (apart from a certain no 46 falling off) - we camped in a park next to the circuit and walked in each day (approx 5 mins). one thing we did struggle with was finding the circuit tho - not very well signposted!

there's no shelter in the grandstand so take lots of suncream (it was sooooo hot!) if you're going in one.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices