Skip to content

Discuss This Haslam to BMW World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Haslam to BMW

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Haslam to BMW

Alstare Suzuki has released Leon Haslam from his contract, meaning the Brit is free to sign for BMW’s World Superbike factory team in 2011.    The decision came after Suzuki could not confirm the level of factory support in 2011, meaning Alstare could not realistically fight for the championship. Team boss Francis Batta then decided he should let Haslam ‘decide his own...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (28 September 2010 15:15)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Suzuki's loss is BMW's gain. Haslam will be very hard to beat next year.

Reply to this Topic
slimshany

Jul 09

slimshany says:

haslam to bmw?

not really sure what too say on this,have suzuki told leon to go??does leon want to go??(as all year he has been saying how happy he is at suzuki)...weird!!!!

i don't think the bmw is a championship winning bike to be honest,not even with leon on it(i hope i am proved wrong mind!).all the best leon i hope you do well next year(and most importantly we still got olly in the paddock!! ha ha.).

Reply to this Topic
airdy1

Jul 05

airdy1 says:

haslam to bmw

w.t.f. are suzuki playing at had a chance to win wsbk title blew that big time but spend millons to be running 7- 8- 9 -10 in moto gp can anyone explain that then loose 1 of the best young racers to bmw. hope he blows them all away next year and the rest of the brits to fill the next 5 slots

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

ELF Business

I agree Suzuki could have won the title with Haslam and you can be sure that this would have increased sales of the GSXR. Suzuki's treatment of Haslam I suspect has been poor. I am not convinced that teh BMW will be a championship winning machine next year even with a top world class rider like Leon on it. Looks like history could be repeating itself Ron on the ill fated ELF and Leon on the BMW. I hope I am wrong.

Reply to this Topic
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

the only series suzuki have put everything into is the ama superbike series with the yoshimura suzuki team.

them bikes are brilliant to ride and just shows you when ben spies got on it and dominated.

and this is because the gsxr 600 sells massively state side.and america is there biggest customer.

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Grayzx7r

If a few million in the bank and 2 wsb titles makes JT a "tosser" ... What the hell does that make you ... With your grand achievements?... He really must be upset that someone of your sway and stature doesn't like him.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

uuummm

it might be a factory ride but they ain`t exactly bothering the front runners...more like mid pack...they need to make one hell of a step to get to the front

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

i agree with GRAYZX7R

he`s a big headed wanker...i`m so glad he didn`t get the ride.....he`s that much of a big headed egotistical arse he makes fogarty look modest!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ginge46

Mar 09

ginge46 says:

short sighted folk....

Some of you lot are very short sighted just because jt has had a bad season you all start calling him a tosser and a big head....think he is anything but!!! Have you forgoten how good a rider the guy is? Jeez give the guy a break, i would like to know if Haslam has the same misfortunes as JT thyis year will you getting on his case?  Hope Leon goes well as hes a brit, thinks  its about time you got behind our lads... My money is on crutchlows gonna be a cock next year coz he he aint gonna win tut tut such short sightedness!!!!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

i don`t care if he had won

..........he`d still be a tosser and a bighead 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool