Skip to content

Discuss This Charlie Cox laughs off Formula One link MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Charlie Cox laughs off Formula One link

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Charlie Cox laughs off Formula One link

BBC MotoGP commentator Charlie Cox has laughed off rumours linking him with a surprise switch to the Beeb’s Formula One team in 2011. According to recent speculation, the BBC will axe current commentator Jonathan Legard for next season and a leading contender to partner respected F1 expert Martin Brundle is Aussie Cox. A gossip column in the sports pages of the Daily...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (29 September 2010 11:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
halfmanhalfninja

Feb 09

Shame....was looking forward to his departure

Reply to this Topic
b_sadlier

Aug 04

b_sadlier says:

Jog him on - he is a joke and a bad one at that!

Reply to this Topic
Pagik

Sep 10

Pagik says:

Cox

Cox is the right word. Appalling commentary. The whole BBC coverage is a joke. I'll stick with the Eurosport boys, who actually know what they are talking about. Instead of those jokers on the Beeb....

Reply to this Topic
SuperGypo

Jun 10

SuperGypo says:

I always find him quite funny - how wrong I must be :(

Reply to this Topic
Herbok

Sep 10

Herbok says:

Cox & Parrish

The only good part about watching GP's on the Beeb is that the picture quality seems better and the build up to the race, but the rest is shocking. The commentary is so repetitive every race weekend. garanteed that parish says "these bikes are running over 220bhp"  

Julian Ryder and Toby Moody are much better in every way, I think these two should be on the beeb.  

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Muppet...

I would call Cox a muppet but that would be too kind a word for him. I've had to suffer through his and Parish's appaling attempt at commentary a couple of times when I haven't had access to Toby n Jules and have had to turn the sound off! It's a relief that he won't be going to f1 as as bad as Legard is at least he isn't as big a *insert expletive here* as Cox.

Reply to this Topic
timoncelli

Sep 10

timoncelli says:

i bet he needs this abuse like a third armpit! bbc motogp has the worst commentary of any sporting event on tv, they have one job and cant even pick riders by their helmets! cant prononce their names correctly (who is doughvee) they understand nothing about bike racing, for example why was it hard for the honda to pass a yamaha on a straight when the honda is faster......because the yamaha gets to its top speed faster so the honda has to catch it!!!!! not because they back out. I wish i could put my contact patch the size of a credit card, once more across the stripe NIGHTMARE IN A BLOODY BUBBLE CAR (what does that even mean) opinion too who ever decided to hire a washed up touring car driver as head commentator on MOTO GP!

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

We...

...upgraded our Sky account to avoid having to listen to Cox and Parrish. `nuff said... I paid money to NOT have to listen to the eedjit and his monkey.

Reply to this Topic
Lord Larry

Jul 07

Lord Larry says:

Cox is OK!

One of the things I find very disappointing about some bikers is their enthusiasm for pouring vitriol over just about everyone else, whether it happens to be car drivers, pedal cyclists, pedestrians, Casey Stoner or Steve Parrish Jennie Gow and Charlie Cox.

I like Julian Ryder and Toby Moody, I think they are a great pair of commentators that add a great deal to the experience of watching MotoGP on Eurosport, however I also like the way that the BBC approach MotoGP, and the three commentators that they have make a good team and also add a great deal to our experience of watching MotoGP on TV. So what if the commentators make the odd mistake, they all do it, even Toby Moody and Julian Ryder - no one is immune to gaffs.

The important thing is that they all commentate with enthusiasm for the sport and for motorcycling in general. Whether they are our favourites or not, none of them do a bad job, they are our friends in the media and we should be appreciative of that fact.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Random and ridiculous

But I do like him, the guy on eurosport sounds like an obese guy struggling to breathe, Cox has made this season watchable with comedy classics such as: "revs are up, ready for a start" "taking the hole shot" "that's shot the fox" "mad axe murderers" "a nightmare in a bubble car" "he needs that like a third armpit" "as close as you like" "he's really got the magnets on" "as fast as a fast thing on fast pills" "at the start Dani Pedrosa is off the line quicker than a white slice out of my toaster" "there's so many dropping out of this race I'm gonna jump on a pit-lane scooter and claim my first world championship points". How could anyone ever be annoyed by hearing those classic one liners week after week. Seriously though, I think Cox and Matt Roberts are sound, its Steve Parrish banging on about V4's Inline 4's, crossplane cranks, desmoronic valse configurations and "over 200break horse power on a contact strip the size of a 2p piece shortly followed by "this bike puts out nearly 220bhp un a contact strip the size of a 50p piece!

I tell you who should f-off and thats that Jenny Cow, she's like a nodding dog, I remember early in the year she was obsessed with Dough-vee? having a bloody child and must of poisened the airwaves with that irrelevent piece of information for about 20 minutes for 3 consecutive weeks. I hope her breath doesn't smell cause man does she get up close and personal, nodding her head like an Amsterdam proffesional!

Nothing personal! I just hate her

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices