Skip to content

Discuss This Charlie Cox laughs off Formula One link MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Charlie Cox laughs off Formula One link

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Charlie Cox laughs off Formula One link

BBC MotoGP commentator Charlie Cox has laughed off rumours linking him with a surprise switch to the Beeb’s Formula One team in 2011. According to recent speculation, the BBC will axe current commentator Jonathan Legard for next season and a leading contender to partner respected F1 expert Martin Brundle is Aussie Cox. A gossip column in the sports pages of the Daily...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (29 September 2010 11:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sprinta

Sep 10

sprinta says:

The whole of the BBC Moto GP coverage is a joke. Any races outside Europe see the main program truncated and it is pretty much impossible to get to see all the practice, 125,Moto 2 and Moto GPP. Take this week-end, the practice is only on the red button. You can't pre record red button programs as there is know way of setting it as you do not know which feed it is on, so unless you want to get up at 3.00am, which I don't you miss it as it is not repeated nor is available on I-player. This is the same for all races outside European races.

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

Wish he would sod-off to F1, his incessant, hysterical babble makes Murray Walkers innacurate verbal diarrhoea sound sensible. If bike racing (I hate the MOTO GP title, that's Eurobollox) was not on Eurosport and just on the Beeb I would find it too irritating to watch at all.

Reply to this Topic
jimsmimm

Apr 06

jimsmimm says:

davesymssays

These guys make my day!

I can not believe what I am reading... people exist out there that prefer Moody and Ryder... you must be kidding! Those guys... nice as I'm sure they are, make me ware my mute button out. with their sniffling lyrics and boring stats. Geeks of any nature no matter how cool the sport are just annoying. Charlie and Steve have me in stiches every round... come on... the last round at Aregon when the trucks are rolling in and Charlie pulls the line about the trucks being here to take Steve's wallet away... PRICELESS!!!!! these guys have banter... and quick wit. Perhaps something joe average doesn't get. Much like football catering to the simpletons vs rugby; only those with a decent taste will appreciate the skill!

Charlie and Steve... long may you continue to entertain. I love it!

are you for real mate...I take it you'l be moving on to some other excitin sport once vali retires...

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

Motegi

in a (half hearted) defence of the BBC, the Ryder Cup and the Commonwealth Games have always been planned for this weekend - the only reason the Japanese MotoGP is on now is because of the ash cloud problems earlier in the year, so it's had to be squeezed in as a schedule change.

as for coverage, all qualifying and races are live this weekend on the red button - Freeview channel 301 - my TV EPG picks it up. the BBC have made an effort to ensure that there has been more consistent coverage from the fly-away races this season - but i have to say that Coxster was getting on my nerves at Aragon.

Reply to this Topic
rmbridge

May 06

rmbridge says:

No Loss

I always record the coverage so I can fast forward thru all their drivel before the race.  Now I've taken to recording it off Eurosport later in the day as all you get is the racing.  I always cringe when Cox says "Now here they come for the first time across the stripe"  He says it every fecking race!  Its a start/finish line not a bleedin stripe Cox!  Rant over.

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

cocks

"nightmare ina bubble cah mate"

piss of to f1 please,you annoy the shit out of me 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN