Skip to content

Discuss This New 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R versus 2010 Kawasaki ZX-10R: specifications compared New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R versus 2010 Kawasaki ZX-10R: specifications compared

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R versus 2010 Kawasaki ZX-10R: specifications compared

MCN has got its hands on the new Kawasaki ZX-10R’s specifications. We’ve picked out the main elements and compared them with the current bike’s details. We estimated the power at 185bhp based on what the project leader told MCN last week – he said they had matched the BMWS1000RR. The price of the ZX-10R has yet to be announced, but we’ve...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (29 September 2010 17:44)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

2011 ZX-10R

Interesting they kept the same bore & stroke and didn't go for higher revs, mor eoversquare like the beemer..

Reply to this Topic
Herbok

Sep 10

Herbok says:

It's a looker

From the picture im not too keen on the looks of the road bike, although the race bike looks mint. 

2010 ZX10 looks better.    

Reply to this Topic
fabCB

Mar 10

fabCB says:

AND AS IS THE NORM THESE DAYS!!

A really shite looking exhaust!!!!

Reply to this Topic
BUSA666

Apr 09

BUSA666 says:

HOPEFULLY

it will trash the bmw on handling, speed, and power.... as i am sick of hearing about the s1000rr week in week out in the MCN...

and if it does trash it, the zx10 should be in every week just like the bmw has been..

the exhaust does it no favours though...

Reply to this Topic
scottyblade

Jul 10

scottyblade says:

looks a superb bike!  and i hope it does knock the bmw off top spot.... i agree with busa, the bmw is in the press all day long, so will be good to read about another bike.... but the thing im looking forwards to is see what yamaha, suzuki and honda have come up with!!! 

Reply to this Topic
halfmanhalfninja

Feb 09

Want one. Want one now

I dont really care how it stacks up against its rivals (would be nice if it was top dog though), because i must have one

Reply to this Topic
halfmanhalfninja

Feb 09

Want one. Want one now

I dont really care how it stacks up against its rivals (would be nice if it was top dog though), because i must have one

Reply to this Topic
JPSiggins

Oct 10

JPSiggins says:

New 2011 Kawasaki

Looks good I think.... I'm sure it will be better in the flesh. However, from the above specs it looks like Kawasaki still haven't addressed the handling issues as with the 2010 model such a large trail combined with hard suspension makes it harder to load the front on turn in; resulting in a lack of front end feel and grip.  That combined with huge horsepower, will just excacerbate that the current problems that Kawasaki has on the new bike.    If I am right its a great shame as it looks like the new bike finally has the goodies that I have been waiting for. I wonder if I bring the trail down to 98 mm............

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices